Why not one more. Snowmobile engine board track "replica"

Re: Why not one more. Snowmobile engine board track "replica"

Took a little road- trip from the inlaws place down to a shady alabamian's workshop and collected up a pair of obscure 23" front wheels off of a 1980's Honda XL500S. The way the wheels are constructed should lend itself to using a bit heavier studs to bolt a sprocket on one side to run it out back. It may be a bit spindly, but we're also talking about 17 h.p. on a (hopefully) sub 200lb bike, so I'm thinking it'll be ok.
72df55c95062f8b9e29219817520f193.jpg
72ea77f6f1a7d086b95f6766dbcf02de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pretty awesome deal. Unless you go with something like a Trailwing, I imagine tires will be pricey. At least they're available. And I can't imagine you would have to buy them often.

Re: Why not one more. Snowmobile engine board track "replica"

irk miller said:
Pretty awesome deal. Unless you go with something like a Trailwing, I imagine tires will be pricey. At least they're available. And I can't imagine you would have to buy them often.
Yep, I'm having a hard time finding anything in the 3.00-23 size besides the trailwing tw9. They aren't the most aggressive of off-road tire, but I'm still not a huge fan of the tread pattern aesthetically. There are a few 23" options for speedway bikes and Cheng Shin has a block knobbie trials option that I'd love to buy, but can only find them in the UK, and don't know if the double price is worth it, especially for what is a cheap Chinese tire. Whatever I put on I can pretty much garunteed ill never wear out lol
d9c31eab39cd69da4c61e7079f197f2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom