3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - DONE!!!

Re: 3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Frame is chopped

Talk about your merry freakin christmas!!!
I bet your fedex guy about freaked when, you ran out the front door, threw your arms around him and gave him a big kiss on the cheek! cause, I imigine thats about what happened.

3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Frame is chopped

trek97 said:
Talk about your merry freakin christmas!!!
I bet your fedex guy about freaked when, you ran out the front door, threw your arms around him and gave him a big kiss on the cheek! cause, I imigine thats about what happened.

Yikes... My FedEx guy is a handsome man... But I exercised restraint.

Hey... My very first TIG Weld...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Got my tank bungs installed tonight...
6EA90629-31CF-4A40-A183-B27154EFDB46_zpsqg2oz7hc.jpg

291DAAD2-1E6F-4D1F-8EF5-0ED47D27C874_zpsz7fu3rhy.jpg

trek97 said:
That does make perfect sense. It just "seems" like it would be a whole lot more involved than that to me.

I think I would just drive myself nuts, checking and rechecking. But, obviously it must work. Its not really new cutting edge tech.

I may add without hijack... It can be as simple as running a chaulk line on the floor, and a plumb bob and mark key points. Recheck as necessary. But most important, know what you started with, as some bikes the rear tire is offest intentionally!

I fabricated up a bracket for my springs to attach to my seat pan tonight. I'll powder coat it black later... (I have one of the Eastwood powder coating kits, it works great)

turned out nice...your welds are looking great also.
You dont think your ass is gonna slip right off the back of that seat? when springs compress.

trek97 said:
turned out nice...your welds are looking great also.
You dont think your ass is gonna slip right off the back of that seat? when springs compress.
Hope not... :) those springs compress less than you think. Plus I'll have a rear fender that will keep my ass from the tire.

Yeah. If I can keep my tungsten out of my puddle I might end up being a respectable welder...

Is this your machine, or did I read I read you are doing this work for a friend?

In the event it is your bike. I wouldnt normally ask something like this, However, I would REALLY like the opportunity to run it around the block once its finished. As Im sure you are aware. I have zero experience riding any bike other than my 360. So, lets not pretend I do. I have always really liked the style of a hard tail. As long as I can remember. Probably comes from days me and my buddy would sneak into his mom and dads bed room and steal the David Mann posters from his dads subscription of Easy Riders, when we were in grade school.

trek97 said:
Is this your machine, or did I read I read you are doing this work for a friend?

In the event it is your bike. I wouldnt normally ask something like this, However, I would REALLY like the opportunity to run it around the block once its finished. As Im sure you are aware. I have zero experience riding any bike other than my 360. So, lets not pretend I do. I have always really liked the style of a hard tail. As long as I can remember. Probably comes from days me and my buddy would sneak into his mom and dads bed room and steal the David Mann posters from his dads subscription of Easy Riders, when we were in grade school.

Yep this is mine... All mine... And yes you are welcome to take it for a spin when it's done.

Goddamn it is so freakin cold....

No updates because it is so Goddamn cold.

3DogNate said:
Goddamn it is so freakin cold....

No updates because it is so Goddamn cold.

that aint no bullshit! Im working on an old shotgun right now...in our bathroom! -9.9 and falling right now. my garage is down to 44 degrees and falling. You two keep warm and keep safe.

So it's not so Goddamn cold now... I just got in a bunch of parts to get back to work on this thing. I picked up a set of mags and plan to take them off for powder coat in the next week or so, they came with an excellent set of tires so that was a bonus. I like the idea of having a rear disc brake. But had to engineer a way to actuate a rear master cylinder with my T.C. Bros forward controls and rear brake pivot. Here is what I came up with.

Its great to hear you survived the winter and to see your still plugging away at the machine.

trek97 said:
Its great to hear you survived the winter and to see your still plugging away at the machine.
I leaving for vacation tonight... I dropped my mags, battery box, electrical box and top yoke off at the powder coater on Monday. Those should be ready when I get back. I'll get tires mounted and get the wheels on so that I can figure out where to mount a brake stay for the rear caliper bracket. I need to figure out my rear fender mounts after that and mount the engine and throw a chain on it and see if I need to buy more links or notch the rear fender. Then it should be ready to send the frame off for powder and then start prepping for paint and getting the engine polished up.

trek97 said:
Hope you have fun on vaca.

Had an amazing time on vacation... went to Costa Rica for a week. Mucho relaxed and ready to get back on this bike... I pick up my powdered parts on Monday... more parts arrive on Tuesday... hoping to get enough mocked up this week to call the frame done.

cool build so far bud.

how you liking the eastwood welder?

Back
Top Bottom