1981 Honda CB750c Brat Build

Paydan

Been Around the Block
Alright, after I was forced to sell my Zook I have had Brats on the mind. I can't eat. I can't sleep. Because of so this is the result of many sleepless nights and a very understanding wife.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43947.0

cb12_zps6c06a20e.jpg

cb2_zps056bb590.jpg

For some reason this bike reminds me of the bike in Purple Rain.

My inspiration for the build.

CHOPPERSHOTZ331.jpg

CHOPPERSHOTZ17.jpg

CHOPPERSHOTZ05.jpg

I love how sleek and clean this is. Not too much. Not too little. Just right.

I ordered a rear tail loop but I just noticed that the guards in front of the motor were the right diameter.

image_zps3871eb95.jpg

After a little cutting and rewelding and this is what I got.

image_zps9f9e2839.jpg

image_zps0e1b7248.jpg

image_zps70bc4e50.jpg

The radius was a little off but I was able to manipulate it a bit and I think that she worked out just fine.

Just got my parts from Dime City. 30 more posts and I finally get 10% off. I also got my intergrated LED tail light in from Niche Motors. I love these tail lights. I used one on my last build and they are so clean and simple.

image_zps8c4154c0.jpg

My old zook. Man I miss that bike.

Zook009.jpg

Tiger005_zps7760c565.jpg

Tank stripped and dents repaired. After getting a good look at it I think that I may go with a K style tank. The C tank is not bad but it is just not the look that I am going for.

image_zpsfacf1e65.jpg

image_zpsec4c3423.jpg

So I saw this old ratty blanket in the corner of my garage and decided to put it to good use. I figured that I needed a seat pan and it was finally time that I divulged into fiberglassing.

image_zps7f6e3792.jpg

After greasing up the frame with a little wax I basically draped a section of the blanket over the frame and pulled it taught and secured it with some clamps.

image_zps24054028.jpg

Okay, so I learned that an old ratty blanket can absorb the hell out of some fiberglass resin. I am going to have to go to the store to get more. Lesson learned for next time.

image_zps9e8d1d24.jpg

After a little trim and some TLC it is starting to take shape. A few more tweeks and I think that it will fit the bill.

image_zpsaa18606d.jpg

I gave the tank a quick coat of black paint to see how it would look with the new seat pan and bars. I think that I am still going to go with a K style tank. I also picked up a 4 into 1 header from my local salvage yard.

image_zpse0bb902a.jpg

image_zps26d17758.jpg

image_zpsdd83618d.jpg

Went to my local vintage bike salvage yard and picked up this little gem for $20. I like the lines of this one better. It is going to take a little bit of fab work to get her to fit properly but it will be worth it when it is all done.

image_zps8d8faa3e.jpg

image_zps18c4fca0.jpg

I'm watching this, like the idea for the seat pan.
You may be better of with that tank it looks good, rather than a K, the K is shorter than an F tank and may well be shorter than the C but never had a C so dont know for sure.

I started working on the seat this past weekend. I decided to go with my tried and true way that worked on my Zook. I bought a camping sleep mat from Walmart and layered it up. It doesn't look like much but it is actually pretty comfortable.

image_zpsf5390eca.jpg

image_zpsecaab809.jpg

image_zps47ff5fa3.jpg

I was also able to get a little painting done. I decided to go with something pretty simple but with a little 70's flare. I also shaped up the seat pad a little bit to get it ready to cover.

image_zpsfedc0d67.jpg

image_zps6a3f5a6c.jpg

image_zpsa0a1b103.jpg

I picked up a 4 into 1 exhaust manifold the other day but unfortunately I was unaware that it was for a SOHC. After a little modification I got it to fit pretty well. Now to tackle the exhaust tip. I was going to go with a reverse cone shorty from Dime City but decided to tackle making one myself. I decided to go with an unbaffled setup and started with a three inch stainless exhaust tube that I picked up from my local Auto Zone. After making a few pie cuts I was able to bend down the ends to start forming the tip.

image_zpscf0365a8.jpg

I then made a few long pie cuts down the sides and was able to make a gradual taper to form the cone.

image_zps65654a57.jpg

After a little welding and a bit of grinding this is what I ended up with.

image_zps80d7cc0f.jpg

image_zps3aa699d6.jpg

I took a little more time and smoothed out some of the welds and gave it a good coat of high temp matte black header paint. A little exhaust wrap and this is what I got so far.

image_zps08eac99d.jpg

image_zps8cedfd5f.jpg

I was able to get some work done on the seat last night. I decided to go with the same recipe that I followed when I did my Zook seat. Walmart sleeping mat foam covered with black vinyl with a stitch detail. For those of you who followed my Zook build the seat looked like this.

Brat078.jpg

Tiger009_zpsd6eaeaaf.jpg

Suzuki010_zps3eb63f95.jpg

This is how the Honda turned out.

image_zpsf592351d.jpg

image_zpsde875607.jpg

image_zps7fa5fc06.jpg

Now to battery placement. More to come.

Back
Top Bottom