I consider what I do Art, so here it is!

SONICJK

Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
As a few of you know im in the midst of starting a new business.
I make live edge artisan furniture, so I figured I'd show off a bit here.

But before you think "this guy just wants a pat on the back for being awesome" I will give you a chance to do just the opposite!
I have just "finished" my website (you know, like any project its never really done) and I am in need of some critiques!

So I have thick skin, put on your criticizing pants and lets have some feedback!

Take a look:
www.WalnutWoodWorks.com

First off, beautiful furniture, but you knew that already.

Web design and development is what I do most of the time so I'm saying these couple things to help. You footer has the only two rounded corners on the whole site. With everything else square it looks a little out of place. The only other thing I see is your rough edges. I like the idea of that but it's a little pixel-ey (that's a technical term) That's all I've got design wise.

I couldn't find any broken links or missing pictures (cardinal sins), but your social media links don't go to your specific page. That may be because they're not set up yet, I don't know. The sooner those link to Walnut Wood Works Fb/t/G+ the better.

Other than that you've got yourself a mighty fine bit of interweb there Mr. Sonic.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for! thanks for the comments!

I hadn't even thought of the footer being different than everything else but now that you say it....

Keep 'em coming

Where do you sell your stuff? aside from the website....That stuff looks Top Notch, Something about that Grain makes it look like a million Bux

The site works fine on my desktop, but not so well on the phone. :) other than that, it looks good to me! also, NICE STUFF! really cool furniture. I wish I could sell the wife on that style. :)

Desmo,
I sell wherever I can haha. Shows mostly, making the transition to selling to stores at the moment and setting up a little gallery in my shop so people can buy there as well.

Thanks for the comments guys always good to hear that people like it!

ah man i love the spalted maple stuff. i play guitar and they make guitar bodies out of it sometimes, i've become a real sucker for it. My favorite piece you've got on the page is the "waterfall walnut dining table." I honestly clicked on the thread because i thought it would be something goofy, but you're definitely making some real art here.

Haha thanks man I appreciate it.
Making guitars is no walk in the park either!

wonderful work! and some fine specimens of wood :) i really love the wine rack tables.

mono,
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Slowly but surely building a business.
Wish the presidential election had gone the other way ::) oh well

Just thought I'd add this to this thread, probably the most artistic piece I've built
C33E229A-6391-410B-BEF7-096A8CD3FD15-18647-0000036D4E25C448.jpg
314CB882-727E-4130-9BA8-707F6B789FAD-18647-0000036D5E5793A6.jpg
6211AAC2-E266-4FF7-B6E4-2EE31783857C-18647-0000036D40D27EDF.jpg

It was a blast to build.
Rainbow poplar with walnut accents. All peg and wedge mortise and tenon construction

Oh no one so much as looks at it abrasively unless I have money in hand hahhaha
Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom