Modern cafe, "Project Kool-Aid/ Christine: CASE BACK OPEN...

ah thanks heaps for the info mate!

thats exactly what i wanted to know!
my build will certainly be posted!
i find having a thread really motivates me........this kz build im doing is the first modding ive done WITH a build thread.....and im going deeper than before everyday!
so i do have some interesting things planned for the vtr....
i just installed an aftermarket (ricks) reg/rec and a shorai thats why i asked....i hope it all works out..

have you dyno'd it with the nos??
also
does that mean your vtr is fuel injected? or carbs still?

Ha, it can look like mine, but you have to crash it first... :D

James,

It's still carbureted. Only the fuel for nitrous is injected. The bike runs like stock when you are not using nitrous, so there is no weird tuning required. It is really easy.

I have not dyno'd it with nitrous. The guy who did all my dyno work previously sold his dyno, and this thing is scary enough to dyno that I haven't found someone I'm will to trust with it yet.

so.......sorry for the milking of info here......
what fuel pump is used? and what injector/s?
fuel pump sit in the tank?
and does the nos and fuel get dumped after the carbs? or into the airbox?

this is really inspiring ey....

my vtr is in almost perfect condition.......i have no need to do a conversion......but hell im doing it anyway!
ive got a spare larger 24l tank......so i will propably use that....(i know for that i already need a new petcock)

t71ford you are a great man!
you've pushed me over the edge

t71ford said:
Josh: Be patient, young Padewan...the ride report will come once the snow has gone... ::) Looks like later in the week I should get some quality time on the Duc since setting up the suspension. ;D

oh ok ok, i'll wait. but not tooooo long hahaha

sinbad85 said:
so.......sorry for the milking of info here......
what fuel pump is used? and what injector/s?
fuel pump sit in the tank?
and does the nos and fuel get dumped after the carbs? or into the airbox?

1. It's a simple 3-5 PSI inline electric fuel lift pump, like is used to convert older cars with manual pumps. The one I have is a small cube type, but any style would work. It is mounted outside the tank, but has its own dedicated port for fuel in my fuel cell. You could easily tee into one of the huge stock lines on the VTR though.

2. The nitrous nozzles are specialized for this purpose. They have jets in them to calibrate nitrous and fuel delivery, and also provide for both lines to be connected to them. Google search nitrous nozzles or wet nitrous kits, and this would probably get you most of what you need. I got most of my components for this thing from dynotune nitrous, and they are really good to work with. I've also gotten a lot of parts from Boss Industries, but they are much slower. I think I have pictures of the nitrous line routing many, many pages back (around 14-15 or something) and you can see how it is set up much better

3. The nitrous on this bike is injected at the throttle body. The carb risers are not tall enough to fit the inejctors I had after, so the nozzles are installed in the velocity stacks and aimed down the carb throats. Not nearly the risk of an airbox bomb as if it was simply injected into the airbox. It works well. I wanted to keep the stock airbox setup for non-nitrous operation, so I went this route.

Good luck man!

alright!
thanks so much! again....
alot of priceless info right here!!
ill be getting stuck right into it!
cheers

Well here it is nearly four weeks since the epci and fiery(not) crash of the 1098. I am able to finally bend my legs and hps enough to get back on a sport type bike. I took Christine out for a run tonight whilst running errands in my hiptser-riddne mhometown. Had a great time, and it felt good to be back on the board like saddle of this beast. She's cranky, fast, loud and all the things I built her to be. It was a terrific run--still not able to sprot ride, but got a couple lively spurts in. Managed to get one lousy cell shot of the episode, but here it is anyway.

7d35a571.jpg

Good hell maritinis after riding are good...

Back
Top Bottom