Front Wheel buckle

ACEitup

Been Around the Block
Hey All,
Anyone else having there front wheel start buckling?
noticed mine had a small wobble a few weeks ago
when I left the front guard off!
Now it is quite violent !!
cheers ACEitup

^+1 taking the front guard off without some sort of brace on these Chinese bikes will make the forks twist under load and in turn that force goes into the cheap ass spokes.. put the guard back on.

There is no other bracing other than
the guard itself ?
So your saying fork movement could buckle wheel?

cheers ACEitup

Thanks guys
guards back on
now have to attempt straighten out buckle
or replace rim
cheers ACEitup

ACEitup said:
There is no other bracing other than
the guard itself ?
So your saying fork movement could buckle wheel?

cheers ACEitup

Bikes come with a fork brace which can be integrated into the fender or seperate from the fender. By removing said brace you are allowing the forks to twist and do all sorts of dancing moves when your on the road.

What it could do to the rim/tire I have no idea its never a good idea to run with a fork brake.

Pretty chuffed,
taken 98% of wobble out of rim 8)
in under an hour.
there was quite few loose spokes,
not sure if damage was done by having no guard?
those forks are kinda of skinny :eek:
or they have aways been loose and progressively getting worse.
will check rear for loose spokes tomorrow
cheers ACEitup

glad you got it sorted out
, i woudnt run no guard setup, at least cut it down so you have some there to hold the front end square.

Thinking of buying a spare guard to chop up
found out no guard in wet really sucks.
but really love the racing look
wouldnt mind swapping it out for dry days
where there is no chance of rain
thanks again for the advice
cheers ACEitup

From my experience, the standard of the spoke quality on the ACE would not be as good as the Japanese equivalent, as I've had two rear spokes fracture within warranty, and it has made me wary as I constantly check the spoke tension on both wheels to ensure all is well.

From new, both wheels displayed a slight wobble, and experience with a previous Honda C-90 has made me very adept of using a spoke key to ensure that the rim runs straight. (There are some really useful You-Tube videos giving excellent tuition on this) As all UK riders would know, avoiding major pot-holes whilst riding is becoming a national sport!

Back
Top Bottom