Header exhaust installation

Acebrybry

So I have been searching and nothing really answers my questions specifically, so I'll ask here. If these questions have already been answered please redirect me.

I have bought a new header and exhaust (with reducer adapter) along with the EGR blanking plate and jets from ooracing. There's enough on here about how to remove the EGR so that should be fine and I'll leave the jets to the mechanic.

My question is how do I go about fitting the header/exhaust?
Do I assemble first then attatch to bike?
Will I need any exhaust sealant between the header and exhaust connection?
I did not purchase a new header gasket with my order, can I get this from super cheap or something?
Are there any other things I should be thinking of whilst doing this job?

Thanks.

congrats on getting instant power from your bike , best purchase bar the 150 mod.

1. take off old header and assy.
2check flange to see if it fits over studs.
3. should really use new gasket but old one will do ok.
4 put gasket to head
5 fit pipe.
6 fit box to pipe loosely and use adaptor if needed.
7. bend an mod brackets for support.
8 do every thing up tight .
9 enjoy
ps.. jets are easy to fit, do them yourself. only way to learn. no real nead for sealant but gasket silicone on muffler joint makes it easier to get it apart again. leave pipe length as long as possible . short looks good but long gets better performance.

hope this helps and anyone feel fee to tell me I'm wrong. i ma no expert but will help anyone who asks

pete

orrible-64 said:
congrats on getting instant power from your bike , best purchase bar the 150 mod.

1. take off old header and assy.
2check flange to see if it fits over studs.
3. should really use new gasket but old one will do ok.
4 put gasket to head
5 fit pipe.
6 fit box to pipe loosely and use adaptor if needed.
7. bend an mod brackets for support.
8 do every thing up tight .
9 enjoy
ps.. jets are easy to fit, do them yourself. only way to learn. no real nead for sealant but gasket silicone on muffler joint makes it easier to get it apart again. leave pipe length as long as possible . short looks good but long gets better performance.

hope this helps and anyone feel fee to tell me I'm wrong. i ma no expert but will help anyone who asks

pete

I second all of this - I'm not a great mechanic by any means, but I fitted new jets on my own ace with no problems - done over 3,000 Kms now.

My header from OO came with a new gasket, so assuming your parts haven't arrived yet you might have one coming.

Pretty sure I have to agree with the header length as well. I trimmed mine by about 9 inches and not sure I'm getting the best of my new exhaust frankly, seem to have lost a little top end but the sound is great and I can still top 60mph.

Thanks very much for the reply guys.
I'll follow these steps and see how I go, I'll keep you posted on my efforts ;)
Great to have this forum as a resource.
UPS tracking is telling me it has arrived in AUSTRALIA.

maladept, i got 75.2mph on dyno in 4th gear, before exhaust mod or port and polish or changing air filter. they go well...btw not stock pipe 150cc pot big valve head, but a lovely rejet that gave me a gain of 2 hp

orrible-64 said:
maladept, i got 75.2mph on dyno in 4th gear, before exhaust mod or port and polish or changing air filter. they go well...btw not stock pipe 150cc pot big valve head, but a lovely rejet that gave me a gain of 2 hp

On reflection I might be selling my little ace a bit short, as I haven't done much more than ride to work and back for a while now - I'm out tomorrow, so I'll run the Diablo app and find somewhere 'private' to have a proper performance test. I did top 70 before the exhaust was replaced, it's got to be in there somewhere...

Reading these posts made me want to test out the ace before beginning mods, so I went out for a ride. I usually never really go over 70 on my commutes, sometimes I'll hit 90, but just hit 103kmph (confirmed with Diablo app) on the little ace (legal roads). Considering I'm 87kg I think it's not bad.. It felt like it had more but I was too scared to push it any further.

Standard gearing won't give yo much more than that. Mine topped at 110 115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom