ACE R50

Finaly the highly anticipated package arrived by truck this morning, looking good so far:

ace1.jpg

ace2.jpg

ace3.jpg

I´ve cut of the rear fender and welded a plate at the end that I attached a more retro looking rear lamp to, taken of the decals and replaced with original Honda Ace one´s from cmnl.com, changed the speedo to a 140 km/h unit, hooked up the new CDI, emptied out the exhaust and welded it together with a OOR silencer (maybe became a Little short?), unplugged the intake, moved the battery with help of the OOR kit. Will run with original 50cc and original carb first, if I need more power I will install the 72cc kit and bigger carb along with rear sprocket from OOR when it´s time for oil change after first 100 km tune-in running.

ace4.jpg

ace5.jpg

ace6.jpg

Finally together, only going to change rear sprocket and the tires to Michelins. Maybe will try the original CDI, the OOR unit doesn´t seem to do much good. And yes I know, the exhaust looks a bit dorky that short. I welded a open silencer on to the original first bit after cutting the "cat" part out...
img-0797.JPG

I've made the Ace ready for spring. Going to use it for comuting to work, now that the weather in Sweden is improving :p

I've put som Michelin M45's on it, went up to 3.25 in the rear. And then I've installed clip on's from OORacing, just need a rubber handle for the left side. Seems impossible to get the handle of the original bar?

plWeIfjBj

pm9HQI7ij

plEMLckBj

When wanting to put WD40 down handle bar grip, slide a thin screw driver at the switch end to open up a bit. once you've done that, you need to be sliding grip off by pushing from switch end as this makes grip expand not just gripping and pulling as this makes grip go tighter.
Tad.

Back
Top Bottom