The Twinstar Project

Thanks! Back when I had the nighthawk I was eager to get to something bigger after a few months of riding. But since I sold it and got the katana, I've wanted something smaller again. Funny how that works

Well, looks like I won't have a runner for a little while longer. I put my spare manifold in hot water to loosen up the rubber. It didn't really work, and I noticed this crack, which runs pretty much all the way around. It's not all the way through the rubber, but I figure it wouldn't last long and it would need to be replaced anyways. This does make me a bit more interested in trying to make a dual carb setup out of the two manifolds I have...
9fc49ff90ae46d7e0ef9986455994661.jpg

There is a self fusing rubber tape that will fix that. Rustoleum makes some. I'll link it if I can find it.

This: http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/industrial-brands/high-performance/specialty-products/Leak-Seal-Tape/

I used it on my cx 3 years ago as a temp solution and it is still holding up. No air leaks. Looks like new.

Make sure its all clean and stretch it good, it only fuse s if stretched out right. It literally becomes one solid piece of rubber. Fuel stabil too.

CAL,
I have a fresh manifold for you from a low mileage bike w/ the # stamped KR3 on top and the rubber part is 100% pliable and solidly molded to the aluminum;I can do it for $5+ shipping in the smallest box from SW PA.
I tried uploading a few pics but it wouldn't work.

grcamna5 said:
CAL,
I have a fresh manifold for you from a low mileage bike w/ the # stamped KR3 on top and the rubber part is 100% pliable and solidly molded to the aluminum;I can do it for $5+ shipping in the smallest box from SW PA.
I tried uploading a few pics but it wouldn't work.
I think I'll take you up on that! The rubber on mine is pretty hard. And looks like there might be a couple cracks on the aluminum bonded part.
Think it'll fit in one of the small priority mail flat rate boxes?

CAL,
I tried to squeeze it into the Small priority flat rate box but it was just a bit to thick;I have a box that measures 6.5"x4x4" that will not be much more and it'll ship Priority.I'll try and post a pic again..

Attachments

• DSCN1533.JPG
    DSCN1533.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 421
  • DSCN1536.JPG
    DSCN1536.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 424
We have a roller! I couldn't get one of the fender mount bolts out, I'll drill it out one of these days. For now I figure the three bolts are fine. Motor will go in... Soon? I figure it can go in without the carb or intake manifold on it.
701407b736c90381de48778fc1b2aac5.jpg

grcamna5 said:
Which one would you rather have CAL? the little box w/ stuffing or just slip it in one of those Priority padded envelopes ?
I'd just say throw it in a padded envelope with some newspaper or something. That way it's priority mail but only $5.95 or so.

CALfeRacer said:
I'd just say throw it in a padded envelope with some newspaper or something. That way it's priority mail but only $5.95 or so.

I checked and the little box w/ plenty of padding inside is the same price($5.95) Priority as the padded envelope;it's also $4.14 first class mail. Which one do you want ?

Got a little bit of work done today. Scrounged up a brake perch to replace the pretty bad stock unit. Chopped the stock mount to setup the single speedometer, removed the idiot light "gauge". Will probably replace with LEDs.
b90d8aaac4300028ff29997b60269643.jpg

Still need to get new bars, probably super bike or a similar bend. Maybe something slightly taller and enduro-esque.
On that note, I'm not positive where to go with style. Leave it a bit more standard or try for something a bit more enduro/tracker style. Part of it is making it so someone interested in buying it wouldn't be too turned off. Not that I want to sell it immediately, but between this and the Katana I imagine it going first. Here's the side shot I took to play around with mock-ups from here. Most likely just in paint.
2c14ababd857c1c9fb8417927548c791.jpg

I think light traker style. Stock foot peg location and superbike/tracker bars. Tracker style seat or thin stock unit and everything else stock. Fun to ride and probably easier to flip later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom