Pod filter oiling

Baffle

I just got a pod in for my cb 250 and was wondering what people did as far as oiling the filter. Is that something I should do? What is the best way to do it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What brand of filters did you buy? Not all of them can or should be oiled. If you did get the right kind, buy this...

http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

I actually feel dumb asking this. I'm had VM30's with K&N's but haven't oiled them since I got them (about 500 miles ago. The carbs run great and are jetted perfectly. Will oiling them effect performance at all?

Darn. I figured an $11 filter wouldn't last too long. I'm going to look into getting a K&N filter. I think I was having trouble finding one in the size I needed or something, which is why I went with Emgo. Thanks!

Jacob Agaetis said:
I actually feel dumb asking this. I'm had VM30's with K&N's but haven't oiled them since I got them (about 500 miles ago. The carbs run great and are jetted perfectly. Will oiling them effect performance at all?

The K&N's come pre-oiled.

They don't require frequent service. K&N says clean them every 50,000 miles. The dirt that accumulates on them actually improves their filtering ability.

The correct amount of oil will not affect jetting. If over-oiled, they will drip.

That's some really good info Alpha, the dirt was actually a concern of mine and I was about to pull them off and wash and oil them.

Alpha, I don't think all K&N's come oiled. It has been a while since I bought a new one though.......

My advice? When in doubt, pull the filter off, clean and oil it.

I'm looking at his avatar, and it shows pod filters that are red. K&N filters are white, but the oil is red. <G>

It wouldn't surprise me if some come un-oiled, but any that I have bought in the last couple years were pre-oiled.

BTW, Jacob, check K&N's instructions for cleaning and oiling. You can ruin them with improper handling, for instance, NEVER blow compressed air through them. It tears up the media.

I just ordered the VM30 carb kit from Dime City, it comes with pod filters but I'm not sure what brand they are... They're probably not gonna be K&N's though.

That DCC kit does come with K&N's. That's the same kit I bought about 6 months ago and you can see a picture of them as my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom