Done to death CB350F best rim and tyre size

stubsryan

Been Around the Block
Hi all. I know this is already talked about but I’m getting so confused with all the options. Any help will be amazing! I started sandblasting my rims and found a rust hole so I’m thinking I get some new rims and stainless spokes online. I’m wondering what sizes I should go for. I can get 2.15x18 front and rear for a good price. Then not sure what size tyres to go with, obviously want the right size tyre for the rim so there is no sidewall issues. I do also like the wide look but that comes second to an appropriately sized setup. Finally, how wide can I go in the rear? 2.5? 3 even? Stock swing arm. Thanks for helping my project. It’s in the cafe racer section FYI

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Yes this subject has been talked about beyond death... brought back to life and crucified again! And I must admit I’m one of the culprits too.

If you want the safest setup so you can sleep at night... Check out the graph I attached.

Regarding rim width on a stock CB350F swingarm, I believe 2.5” rim with a 120 width tire is the widest you can go before you start running into clearance issues with the chain (and this is with the chain guard removed).

Attachments

• 67A15C64-7468-4BAF-A4C9-7AEE65F2879D.png
    67A15C64-7468-4BAF-A4C9-7AEE65F2879D.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 686
And remember that you need 10 percent clearance on the sides of your tires for heat expansion.

As well some jurisdictions will not allow you to run without chain guard.

Back
Top Bottom