33 1/3 - '78 XS750- Triple

quick update. I've been able to complete quite a bit of the wiring. The main harness is basically done, but still need to terminate many of the wires. All the components are mounted, sans battery which I am still waiting on. The battery will be mounted all the way at the rear and will just clear, without having to remove the center /rear frame brace.

All the wiring will be sleeved after everything is checked to make sure I didn't get my wires crossed (fingers crossed!). I may rotate the ignition box 180 degrees so that the connectors enter from from the back instead of the front.

I am going to be running dual taillights mounted off of the lower shock mounts on each side. I would also like to fab these up to work as turn signals as well, to avoid having to bolt on another component. Going for the clean-clean look.

Second photo shows the ignition switch mount under the tank, fab'ed from angle iron. This will be cleaned up and painted black. Third photo shows the wiring under the lower triple tree as it go back under the frame/tank.. Should be a nice clean look once all is finished up.

Attachments

• elec components mount.JPG
    elec components mount.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 206
  • elec wiring mid.JPG
    elec wiring mid.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 196
  • elec wiring front.JPG
    elec wiring front.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 240
Thanks for the comments. I've been draggin ass too, mostly still just working on the wiring. WAaayyyyy more work than I anticipated, but its coming along well. After the wiring is done, just a few more bits. The biggest project I need to do is figure out what to do for the seat. First I want to be sure all the wiring is done and working properly - priorities!!

ANY UPDATE??? I have a 78' 750 special and would love to see what you've done to the bike so far...

Back
Top Bottom