The reason I am not getting any further on my bike. 73 super beetle

Re: Re: The reason I am not getting any further on my bike. 73 super beetle

VonYinzer said:
Rad. I had a '66 that literally broke in half. Haha. Got it running like a top and BLAM! End of the line. Had to give up all my VW dreams. Just no room to store/rebuild a car. That said, I have an older hippy friend (he's in his 60s) that I have known for years. Anyway, he's got a 65 Single cab sitting in his yard. All there but rough. According to him, if I help get it back on the road its mine. Looking to start messing with it this summer.

Shooting for something like this:

2013-03-31-10-40-49--919047536.jpg

All. New. Brake. Lines.

Hmmm... there's an air-cooled junkyard up the road from me a few miles. And I know he has a few trucks in there... you should not have posted that...

Scruffy said:
Hmmm... there's an air-cooled junkyard up the road from me a few miles. And I know he has a few trucks in there... you should not have posted that...

Hell, if you can find one of those at your local junkyard, buy it and take it home. You will be sitting on a gold mine.

I got my first car when I was 15 and it was a 74 Super Beetle. It's still my only car and my daily driver. It's been so much fun to have and work on. Any work I can do I do myself. I drive a modern car and think oh man this is pretty nice. I get back in my car and remember how much more fun it is than a modern car.

Sorry for not having any updates lately. My boss has been in and out of the hospital and I have been pulling 60 hr weeks for 2 months now. I haven't touched the car lately. I have been trying to get the bike put back together.

Back
Top Bottom