New member, new project - 73 CB500 Bobber

When you rewire it, are you keeping the connections in the headlight bucket or no?

If you dont, you can actually grind down the headlight ears from dimecity and use the 2nd to last hole to mount the bucket instead of the last one and tuck the bucket even closer in to the bike.

Just a thought :)

Looks good so far, especially cleaning everything up!

Did you consider any other seat options since you are sticking with shocks, not hardtailing it?

I considered some other options for the seat (I also tried to talk my wife into hard tailing it), but since this is inevitably going to be her bike I got out voted. She really likes the single seat and the stance on it. I am welding brackets on to hold the seat bracket up a little higher. I held it all together and had her test the positioning of the seat and the clip-ons. It's a little uncomfortable for me, but not too bad, but ended up being perfect for her. The next bike I build will be a hard tail, assuming I can still ride one after my back surgery.

Okay, I've been saying I would post some pics for the last couple of weeks, so here they are.

I sanded the tank, relocated the speedo, mounted the tail light and license plate holder, put on the new springs, clip ons, etc. I still haven't wired it or put the carbs back on. We'll be painting the tank today, at some point. So, without further ado, here she is.

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0320.jpg

DSCN0319.jpg

I've still got some work to do. I have her registered for a car/bike show on May 7th. I am hoping to have her running down the road by then. I managed to find a manual for the same year cb750, to help with the wiring diagram. I figure with the old harness and a manual for a 750 we should be able to put together a harness for my baby. If I'm wrong, screw it we'll trailer her there.

New pictures up soon. We completely rebuilt the harness, went to fire her up, and discovered a short in the ignition switch. Just ordered a new ignition switch and keys from dime city. Here's to another week or so before she's back on the road. FML. Also, we didn't make it to the show on May 7th on time because we were up till 4 am trying to find the short so we could ride her to the show, so the only other bike there took home the trophy. It had nothing done to it. Just a stock Honda Shadow with a nice paint job. We got there five minutes before the ballots were closed. Oh well, maybe next year I'll get there on time.

Back
Top Bottom