Need Help! Got he running but something FUK'ED happened

JonnyLong

THIS, is what god looks like.
:eek:

I got her started... !!!!!
But out of nowhere a loud squeeking sound started while it was idled..

squeek squeek squeek, and the sound seemed to get louder to if i Rev. the engine.

Side not Pouring oil out of the gasket I just replaced and caked with make a seal? NO IDEA why its is LEAKING! I can not tighten the crews any more...

Okay oil leak is fixed but I am at a loss of what the sound I am hearing is... its not really a squeek it's more of a WEEP WEEP WEEP WEEP sound when the bike is at idle.....
Very Loud.
Kinda hard to tell where it is coming from... maybe the Right Side....

Anyone Have An Idea??

air leak at manifold, cylinder head gasket, cam bearing siezing?
You don't fix leaks by overtightening stuff, it just causes more problems long term

Crazy,
Can you help me with some information on how to trouble shoot these things I need her on the road. :)

You need to find out where it's coming from or give more details so we can guess. You say it's at idle, but is it when hot/cold, right or left side, only when you're on the bike, etc, etc.

After all it's your bike- you are the only one that can hear it.

It sounds like it is coming from the kick peddal side of the engine... I am not sure what it could be it is very loud.

the sound happends while im on the bike and off the bike.

also happends as soon as the bike starts - ends when the bike is turned off ( or dies i do not have the carbs tuned yet.)

im still at a total loss.
-Jon

Anyone in WA State close to Moses Lake? Would appreciate an extra hand... More Experience...

Check oil level, remove valve covers and see if you have oil to top end with engine running. It won't spray out at idle but it should 'spot'.
You may have to remove clutch cover and check oil feed contraption to centrifugal filter, (inside clutch cover) its rare but it can come apart

Way too far to drive, I'm in Florida.
Biketoberfest is a bit far away as well ;D

you think it could be the rockers or something to do with the points.... ??? ?
I'm going to upload a video tomorrow so you can hear what the hell im talking about.

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY BULLSHIT SO FAR

I would spray something like carb cleaner or ether around the intake manifolds that will help locate a leak there. Otherwise I'd start pulling covers. You can also spray a soap and water solution around the head and base gasket areas and check for bubbles there.

Air leak most likely, I have had that twice and both were air leaks. One on the butterfly valve shaft seal and one today on the choke plunger seal. Spray a little carb cleaner or starting fluid on parts of the carb while the bike is idling and if you have a leak the idle will fluctuate. Usually quite a bit of fluctuation.

Yes it was a leak where the carb connects to that rubber coupler...

New problem!

It ran with the air leak now that the sound is gone... the leak is fixed, but it will not idle or even start now...

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Are plugs wet?
May be too rich without air leak?
Your probably going to have to re-check carbs, if you had experience you could probably get them nailed second time, as is, you may be inside them 4 or 5 times, plus re-check everything else you've looked at and everything you haven't looked at

The quickest thing to do is start at the beginning
Start with doing a basic service
adjust valves
check timing
clean carbs and check carb settings.
Check battery for fluid level (if it's not black body sealed one) and voltage
Check wiring connectors are all fully inserted and tight (close up loose ones CAREFULLY with a pliers and re-fit male into female bullets)

Sounds like a head gasket to me, I also play with old cub cadet garden tractors too and thats just what one sounds like when a head gasket has a leak.

Back
Top Bottom