East Coast Barber bound folks check in here!

Maritime

Over 10,000 Posts
Ok, I got the funds, with a little help from my friends here on DTT, So I will be riding from Woodstock, NB (Northern Maine) through to MD Wed Oct 8, it is 1300 KM or 780 Miles, then from there to AL day 2 pretty much same distance. I am wondering if any other Memebers will be heading out of the same area on Thursday Oc 9th and would like to meet up and ride together. I have done this alone before but would love to ride with other folks, even if you are towing or caging, just for the company and backup support. I know last time there were members who offered their garages and homes on the way in case of breakdowns etc who were not attending and that was a great thing to have in the back of your mind that there are folks who can help in a problem a thousand miles from home. One of the best parts of this site/family/community.

So who is heading to Barber from the East coast and wants to meet up? I will gladly change my route a bit or start time etc. for some company.

long drive bud

i off route a hour or so but if you are having any issues i have a shop and parts

im in lexington nc and not to far off your route

Have a Great Ride down Maritime!! :D We'll be paralleling your route a little west and north. Oh ya. We won't be riding tho. 2012 GMC Yukon and a trailer load of '02 zrx's!! ;D

My brother and I will be leaving Toronto, ON early Thursday. We'll be driving down all day Thursday and Thursday night. We'll have a stop in Lousville, KY to have a quick visit with my youngest son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons!! Other than that, it's pedal to the metal... Birmingham or Bust! :D We need to be at the Ace Corner as vollunteers Friday morning. ;) :D

cxman said:
long drive bud

i off route a hour or so but if you are having any issues i have a shop and parts

im in lexington nc and not to far off your route

that's good to know, I'll keep that in mind as it's good to have a "wing man" somewhere if I had an issue with the GL. and a cxman if I end up riding that LOL

Drewski said:
Have a Great Ride down Maritime!! :D We'll be paralleling your route a little west and north. Oh ya. We won't be riding tho. 2012 GMC Yukon and a trailer load of '02 zrx's!! ;D

My brother and I will be leaving Toronto, ON early Thursday. We'll be driving down all day Thursday and Thursday night. We'll have a stop in Lousville, KY to have a quick visit with my youngest son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons!! Other than that, it's pedal to the metal... Birmingham or Bust! :D We need to be at the Ace Corner as vollunteers Friday morning. ;) :D

Believe me I would rather cage and tow this distance because it will be all freeway, If I had 2-3 more days I would use secondary roads and take in a lot of stuff to and from, one of these years I will do it that way. I got the Sat afternoon shift at Ace so I got time if I am running late ;D

i have few spare goldwing engines
and a few spare cx motors lol
even have some rare 650s

We will be trucking down thursday morning from Hendersonville nc area. May have a open trailer spot in case of any issues. Heading thru Atlanta to Kiley's.

I won't be there until Sunday for the day, but I'm in Augusta, GA in case anyone needs anything- a crash spot, emergency pickup or whatever. I'm about 3 1/2 hours from Barber, 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta and 1/2 a mile off I-20. I'll be in Upstate, SC near E and Jenn's house (just a few miles from I-26 and I-85) on Saturday too, if anyone has trouble coming through there.

Well, while we're far from the East coast, we're in the 'East' relatively speaking.

Paul and I will be departing Toronto late Wednesday, driving 5-6 hours and stopping somewhere south of Toledo most likely. Then finish up Thursday with another 10-12 hours.

Maritime gets the award for the longest, hardest trip I'd say!

Mike glad to hear youre gonna be making the trip! I'm officially go (just worked it out today) but not sure when Ill be leaving. I'll be riding the $100 goldwing leaving Tues or Wed. If I leave Tues Ill be riding solo. If not Tues will be with Beatnic and a couple of his friends leaving here Wed am and heading pretty much due west then down. Please stay in touch

Thanks Troy, glad you are going to be there and love you are riding the $100 wing, although I did want to see your other wing in person, just have to do that another time. Justin texted me and said there is a group heading out of NY Thursday am and so I migh be able to connect with them after leaving his place and have a group to ride with.

Tim, thanks to DTT and you I am making the trip in the first place ;D

Back
Top Bottom