Ducati people... What's it worth?

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
New guy at work says his old man has a 74 Sebring 350 in the garage. 100% original with 3k on the clock. Hasn't run in 20 years but has a factory "top end rebuild kit" for it. Every part on the bike is original, down to the tires. Sooo... What's it worth?

A lot depends on what shape it's in. Could be between 1,200-3,800. I wouldn't mind having one of those !

VonYinzer said:

Apparently it's identical to this, but black.

Von, If it looks like this one it is probably a Scrambler and not a Sebring. I think the Sebring
had a more square tank & seat. I also don't think they built a Sebring in '74. Either way if
it's in great shape and complete, see what he wants for it.
My neighbor has a 160 Monza that needs TLC and he won't part with it for 1500. So it kind of depends on how much you gotta/wanna/hava Ducati single. Unless he just wants to get rid
of it and you're lucky, (highly doubtful) probably starting at $ 1,000 and going up from there.
I wouldn't wait if you're interested, if people find out especially the roadracers, there could be a bidding war.
Any way you look at it, it'll be cheaper than the new Ducati Scrambler!

yes they made/sold a 74 ducati 350 sebring

that bike (same pic shows up is you just do a search for the model and year) and its a 65 so what gives??

so it look s like its a stock pic

not one of someones bike so make sure you are not getting scammed

but alas they are not a desmo i dont thinnk

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/1969/Ducati/350-SEBRING/Values

the posted pic is not a desmo

the did make a 350 desmo

and a few of the desmo motors found there way into sebrings but they are few and far between

it was the desmo that had the square tank and cafeish seat

74 should make it a wide case 350, unless it was built in Spain. Sebrings aren't super sought after and the desmo stuff really was only built in Italy. It's definitely going to be a bevel drive, with a 350 jug on 250 monza cases, but it was the early 70s and at that time Ducati was in a bit of financial distress. So nothing would really suprise me. I would say 1000. Would be in the neighborhood, if it's super clean and minor repairs are needed.

cxman said:
yes they made/sold a 74 ducati 350 sebring

that bike (same pic shows up is you just do a search for the model and year) and its a 65 so what gives??

so it look s like its a stock pic

not one of someones bike so make sure you are not getting scammed

It is a stock pic. He just found it online to give me an idea of what it looked like.

The bike is his dads (he's in his 70s). He bought it new, put about 3k on it and parked it in the garage. Been there since. Apparently he (dad) has mentioned maybe getting it roadworthy again but the son (who I work with) said that's unlikely.

He may never sell it. He may give it away. I don't know. Ducatis are COMPLETELY foreign to me though, so if he was wwilling to part with it I wasn't even sure where to start.

Anyhow, my coworker his headed to Virginia to see his old man soon. He said he'd talk to him about the bike and get me some real pics...

gtermi75 said:
74 should make it a wide case 350, unless it was built in Spain. Sebrings aren't super sought after and the desmo stuff really was only built in Italy. It's definitely going to be a bevel drive, with a 350 jug on 250 monza cases, but it was the early 70s and at that time Ducati was in a bit of financial distress. So nothing would really suprise me. I would say 1000. Would be in the neighborhood, if it's super clean and minor repairs are needed.
1000 is like get the fuk outta my yard ,you pos LOWBALLER ;D, not you but you get 2what im sayin

i sold a 67 ducati 160 monza junior with a bad bearing but totaly intact and in good shape for 1700

on ebay recently and it is not a highly valued one

i would offer him at least 2 k for it if it is all there

VonYinzer said:
New guy at work says his old man has a 74 Sebring 350 in the garage. 100% original with 3k on the clock. Hasn't run in 20 years but has a factory "top end rebuild kit" for it. Every part on the bike is original, down to the tires. Sooo... What's it worth?

There was no 1974 350 Sebring, the last of that model was made in 1968. In Italy anyway, I don't know much of anything about the Spanish bikes. I'm guessing the picture shown is a Scrambler with an incorrect seat.

Until you find out what it is and what condition it's in, no one can tell you what it's worth. As for some of the prices being thrown around already, a '74 Ducati single in super clean condition needing only minor repairs would be worth a hell of a lot more than $1000.

Back
Top Bottom