That one part........

gtermi75

What is that one part that has got you stuck on your rebuild project?

I am curious to see what people are getting stuck with

Mine currently is a clutch basket for a Ducati 750 GT,

While N.O. S. ones are somewhat available paying through the nose for them @ 362.00 just makes me want to fire up the brigeport and machine my own.

What have you run into?

It took me a few months to figure out why my CB125 kept burning up clutch plates. Turns out it was just a terrible design from the factory. All I had to do was put a 30 cent washer from the hardware store under a pin...

I am not a smart man.

I'm still trying to figure out to get some brake leverage with the rearsets on the xs 650. I would like to see pics of your gt 750 when you re done with it!!!

I completely rebuilt an RD 250....

I took apart every piece of this moto,replaced the bad ones,cleaned and greased carefully and at the end I lost the front axle retainer.

I ordered the part from Nevada,i' m based in vienna,austria.

The whole bike parts got powdered,this part will keep its original patina to.remind of not losing stuff
:))

back in the mid 80s i got given a Kawasaki Mach III 500 in pieces, the previous owner had bought 2 of them and built one absolutely perfect one (even down to the original spare spark plug holder under the seat) and he gave me what was left.
it turned out to be everything....except the little linkage that connected the gear shaft to the gear lever, and do you think they were available back then ? nope....still got $500 for it though

pterodactyl said:
I'm still trying to figure out to get some brake leverage with the rearsets on the xs 650.

Nearly all rearsets are designed with the heel peg integrated with the lever pivot which makes the leverage ratio too short for a mechanical drum brake. Lever should be at least twice as long with a separate pivot behind the heel peg.

Thanks, yeah I thought it was something along those lines. I tried doing a little research and came up with stuff like I really dont use my rear brakes anyway but it looks good. wtf I really like back brakes especially on this bike because the front brakes are weak to begin with. Should I pretend I dont need em or is a solution possible?

Back
Top Bottom