Almost Perma-Skunked

maxDTM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well I've been meaning to update since I last posted about my bike on this forum but I've been too busy riding the hell out of the little Honda. Today something noteworthy happened I suppose :mad:

San Francisco isn't exactly known for quality streets, but I didn't think twice about a white puddle on the road ahead of me on my ride home today. Call me an idiot for not thinking ahead, but I realized halfway through the puddle that I was riding through a splotch of fresh white paint:

HjHL4Rj.jpg

Big shoutout to the dumbass who dropped the bucket.

I pulled over to a burger shop to inspect the damage and found a nice white stripe of paint splattered all over the tail light, on the frame behind the front wheel, and speckled on the side cover and seat. Not to mention the inside of the fenders!

WqPTglG.jpg

DIY whitewalls

Had to borrow a shit ton of napkins to wipe the bike down but I got most of it off before it set. It was worse before the picture but I wasn't in a very photogenic mood at first. The paint will peel off the inside of the fenders--not a huge deal--but imagine the mess if I didn't have any.

eQZ971s.jpg

Anyone else have any disastrous puddle stories?

If you hadn't cleaned it up, just make it wider with straight edges and call it a racing stripe.

Haha could've been worse.... He could've dropped it on you!! But still that sucks.. Take some rubbing alcohol to the tail light and I'd just leave the rest doesn't seem too bad

Couple of drops on the frame here and there but it's all good. Coulda been a lot messier

Back
Top Bottom