Xr250 street tracker

Re: Re: Xr250 street tracker

mr.umbrella said:
Don't worry you can make up for it next week! This bucket will look like a vintage mx number plate, hold an anti-gravity 6ah battery, moto-gadget break out box & fuse panel plus have a discreet on-off/hi-lo toggle on the top!

Hopefully that stuff isn't too heavy. On a wr450 I had I mounted a mini tool bag on the front number plate.

Later I put that kit in my bigger backpack. I couldn't believe how much lighter the front end felt. That little bit of weight bogged the front steering quite a bit.

May not be a problem for you but something to think about.

I don't think it weighs that much maybe a little more than a 7" round headlight. Those tool pouches get heavy real quick.

Here's a quick shot from today's progress. I'm still waiting on my marine fuse panel/distribution block and will add the battery box tomorrow or Monday, after working on a couple customer bikes.

This uses an adv monster led headlight that is bright as f$%k, holds an antigravity 4 cell battery a fuse panel and has space to tuck a horn into it and probably a reg./rec all in a 10"x10" square. I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 449
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 435
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 436
I love it! Was planning something similar on my build, but I wasn't gonna store that much crap up there. I like the marine fuse panel idea too. I'm gonna try to use circuit breakers in place of fuses if I can. Can't wait to see more.

mr.umbrella said:
I don't think it weighs that much maybe a little more than a 7" round headlight. Those tool pouches get heavy real quick.

Here's a quick shot from today's progress. I'm still waiting on my marine fuse panel/distribution block and will add the battery box tomorrow or Monday, after working on a couple customer bikes.

This uses an adv monster led headlight that is bright as f$%k, holds an antigravity 4 cell battery a fuse panel and has space to tuck a horn into it and probably a reg./rec all in a 10"x10" square. I'm pretty happy with it.

I like it man! My next bike I'm building is a street tracker I wanted to do the number plate headlight. I was looking at projectors but I like these adv lights you found.

Thanks, I was going to build a carbon box under the seat but this was easier and everything always gets ran up to the bucket so I figured it would be nice to have it easily accessible up in there and make wiring the bike cleaner.

If anybody wants I am doing a run of these to sell, and can make them without battery boxes and fuse panels if necessary.

mr.umbrella said:
Thanks, I was going to build a carbon box under the seat but this was easier and everything always gets ran up to the bucket so I figured it would be nice to have it easily accessible up in there and make wiring the bike cleaner.

If anybody wants I am doing a run of these to sell, and can make them without battery boxes and fuse panels if necessary.

I would be interested in parts of it.

Got a bit more done today. I started the final chassis assembly and got the motor painted. Progress has been slow this week since I've been hammering out some customer bikes. Any way here's a few pics. and next week should bear more fruits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 431
This thing is seriously cool.

How are you going to angle the headlight so it is useful? Or is there adjustment room in there that I can't see?

Nick

Joe I've got 130/17 and 120/17's might switch the front out to a 130 do they match so it looks beefier.

Nick, number plate has two side mounts so it's rotates up and down like a traditional headlight.

Cool. I was planning on doing a similar raceplate / headlight too. I was going to hide some electronics behind it as well but I never considered the battery. Nice!

Quick progress I had to modify the rear swinger for the a 2 pot rear disk upgrade and got my seat and tank pads back from the upholstery shop today too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 443
Not a serious update but I got the swinger finished and off to the powdercoater today. Here is a teaser shot of getting the tank and seat on for the first time, I'm getting really excited now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 478
Back
Top Bottom