Xr250 street tracker

mr.umbrella

Been Around the Block
Since I wrapped up the cm400 and had this little gem sitting in the corner I decided to dig in a few weeks ago. Since I'm terrible at daily updates here's where she sits:

Gsxr 750 forks- cm400 upper triple welded on for moto-bars
R6 rear shock with rear dog bone adapter
New rear hoop with led turn brake hidden underneath
Sl125 tank mounts built

I'll have the exhaust bracket made up and the frame heads out for powder next week, and I just finished the paint on the tank yesterday.

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,020
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 889
Here's a few more pics. of the fresh paint and new front axle to match the wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 926
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13,708
two things.

1. I love this, I need to step up my hunt for an XR. they are few and far between up here but man they make cool little bikes

2. are gixxer front ends just like free in US? seriously. It costs me 800-1000 to get one of those front ends but they are everywhere on this site... On a 400+ pound bike yeah okay but a bike like this could easily take a dirt bike front end and they are a quarter the price of a sport bike front. I'm jealous haha

I paid around $200 for my GSXR front end, and it was shipped to me :) They're out there.

Tim said:
I paid around $200 for my GSXR front end, and it was shipped to me :) They're out there.

what the hell... maybe i should be shopping closer to home...

I see them priced from $3-1000 around me as a complete unit, pricing is all over the place you just have to keep your eyes peeled and act fast!

I didn't want to go with dirtbike forks since they're too tall and ride terrible when you cut them down. I want a fun street oriented bike and these look the part along with the rear r6 shock combo gives me a ton of tuning potential and will make it handle really nice as a supermoto when I'm done.

Following this! Sick build man. I love that stance. Are you going with a standard wrapped tracker pan for the seat?

Thanks! The seat is going to be more of a scrambler/brat tracker style. The pan is out waiting to get upholstered:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 836
Looking good! I just bought an 83 XR500 with a title that I want to make a street tracker out of. Did you have to modify the bottom of that tank much?

Thanks guys! Here are two quick shots. I got a hidden exhaust mount welded up. The frame came back from powdercoating today, and I got a chance to paint the wheels too.

Next week she should start going back together and I am going to wrap up a few little treats to sell as well.... Anyone want a front number plate led headlight that serves as a battery box?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 744
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.8 KB · Views: 765
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 714
Don't worry you can make up for it next week! This bucket will look like a vintage mx number plate, hold an anti-gravity 6ah battery, moto-gadget break out box & fuse panel plus have a discreet on-off/hi-lo toggle on the top!

Back
Top Bottom