Project Yamaha- CS3 resto.

bluemitch

Been Around the Block
Here is my little project, thought that it was best to start small, because these projects can get real BIG.

Been riding for a few years, but this is my first resto, so expect to be asking a lot of questions on this learning curve.

Looking to get an old bike back on the road

Attachments

• P1000242 (Small).JPG
    P1000242 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 363
I'll be watching this one 8) The older the better to turn into a cafe racer. I like the tank on this one and I would use the original seat pan to build a clubman seat. Good luck ;)

Thanks guys for the support.
First plan is to get her back road worthy and registered.

Keen to keep the restoration in the spirit of the orginal- clean and simple mods

Well, that is the plan at this stage, I am sure once things start rolling, will have a whole heap of new ideas roll in

For a first project, a resto is a great way to go man. Thats a really rad bike too. Looking forward to seeing more. And +1 on more pics!

Just finished fitting all new lenses to the bike, and fixing up all the lights.

Only thing to sort out is the high low headlight bulb. Not sure if it is a wiring issue or bulb. A good job for the weekend.

Also keen to hear any suggestions for the resto.

Thinking about swapping out the standard air box filter, and looking to add some pods...

Its tought to fit pods or stacks on a two stroke with the stock oil tank in place. Take lots of measurements...

Thanks for the advice Von, happy to draw on collective wisdom.

Currently running the bike on premix, so tossing up the idea of cleaning up some of the un-needed bits and pieces. But real keen to not do anything that cannot be returned.
Have in the back of my mind that once the bike is back on the road, I might restore it completly to its former glory

Kinda swinging between lean and mean bike, and a restored daily rider

Just got some parts in the mail from the states, so slipped out and put on the new throttle unit.

Got a bit a problem tracking down the right hand switch unit.
tried NOS, but out of luck at this stage, any suggestions for another option?

Included my daily ride as well, standard, but real reliable

current hassle- trying to replace the flasher unit.

Saturday morning job- install the new unit, and be one step closer to getting the old girl on the road

Here are a couple more pictures from my afternoon on the bike.

Trying to sort out the flasher unit- Got some great advice, and will try to tackle it all again tomorrow.

Or I might just go for a ride instead

Attachments

• P1000298 (Small).JPG
    P1000298 (Small).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 302
  • P1000297 (Small).JPG
    P1000297 (Small).JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 365
What are you looking to replace in that pic? The left hand control? DCC sells a couple nice ones. Usually the flasher relay is mounted under the tank or near the battery, so that's where I would look for the wires. Do you have a multimeter?

Thanks Big Rich
Taken a lot of inspirations from the builds on here, and really like your work

Will check out DCC for the left hand control.

Think I found where the flasher unit was, but looks like the unit was taken out and the wires just joined together, no multimeter :(

Great Saturday afternoon for tinkering on the bike, with the football on the radio.

Any good suppliers of suitable tyres that can be recommended out there?

Thanks for the suggestion

But I have tracked done a NOS switch unit.
I think I will take your advice, and refurbish the old switch unit when I take it off. Always handy to have a few spares

Back
Top Bottom