digler's 74 cb450 build

DirkDigler

If you need me I'll call you
Well this is going to be my first Cafe Racer, Still trying to decide what direction I want to take it.
It’s a 74 cb450 bought it for 400.00 and it still runs. Bought it off a Honda mechanic in Ohio(central).
The gas tank was completely rusted and filled with bondo and had so many coats of paint even saw some purple in their lol. So me and my friend Daryl bought some tank sealer the 3 step and got the inside all cleaned up. took 4 days to dry? Felt like forever.

After that I dropped it off to my friend Jake to go to town. Filled the holes and made the take smooth again. Said took him 8 hours just to get the tank back to the normal shape. I decided to paint the tank Frost White with blue pearl and side covers.
I went and put clubmans on, bought a new gas cap and latch. fuel line and petcock.
This weekend I'll be starting her up again hopefully it run better with the new gas tank than a Coors light car HAAHAH
C:\DOCUME~1\w106858\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
(i had to see it run couldn’t wait) funny part is Daryl rode the bike like that *talk about ridin dirty*

I hope you guys like it so far or have any ideas or thoughts. I am going to get rid of the whole Speedo/tack/indicator lights. I am going to buy a headlight bucket and rock just a tach in it.

*as for the seat I’m lost I can’t decide if I want to go cafe or brat

http://photobucket.com/LunsfordLand <--------Pictures
heres a few to get you interested

[font=verdana, sans-serif]
cafetank1.jpg
[/font]
CB450Backview.jpg
[/font]
CB450Sideview.jpg
[/font]
CB450Leftside.jpg
[/font]
coorslight1.jpg
[/font]

cafetank2.jpg

coorslight2.jpg

closeupontank.jpg

sideviewcafe2.jpg

whitetankside.jpg

Thanks for looking!! 8)

Brother the CB450 is one of my favorite vintage motorcycles, you got a great deal on yours and it looks good!

Thank you for the words fellas,

I started it last night for the first time, wow did she idle crazy, it would run fine one min and then rev up on its own, not sure what caused this. I could have kept it running but it was midnight and didnt want to deal with my neighbors.

But it ran better with the coors can hahaha, I'll have to try again tonight and see what the deal is.

Question: I started it and she leaks oil from the crank case, can I change the gasket with the motor still in the bike?

Hmmm that depends on where the oil is actually coming from. Check the rubber piece around the Clutch Rod. Mine popped out and I thought the crank case was leaking thats an easy fix if thats the problem. If the case itself is actually leaking there is no pan on these bikes you have to split the case in half to replace that gasket. Side cover gaskets are also easy to replace.

Back
Top Bottom