CX500 Street Tracker

Kamn said:
The longer days are already helping
It wont be a brown seat......aluminum seat pan something like below

dts5_zpsjcku4p6n.jpg

I have a sweet seat pat for that lazer pan, carbon fiber pattern, but it has the number 45 embroidered into the backstop

So last week I got the seat hoop in but the width on the hoop was bothering me at 8-1/4"
Break out the cutoff wheel and make a plug, cut at the centre of the upsweep and reweld it to a width of 7-1/4"

IMG_1467_zpsmw8vh8uq.jpg

Then notched up 2 support tubes and tacked them in place

IMG_1466_zpsnlsodbgq.jpg

But Im not sold on the straight support, maybe put a slight bend in the support tube which would open up the view of the reservoir on the rear shock.........what do you guys think?

And I know the rear wheel is off centre, that will be corrected once I get the seat area done and ready to make a seat pan and tank

was going to throw some tube in the bender and give it a little angle and then tack them in for a preview, try to get that done tonight

I dunno I like the look of em straight, maybe use some steel plate and make a couple of 3" triangular gussets with one curved edge and a couple speed holes might do the trick

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Got dimple dies? one upper rear gusset with a nice 1.25in dimpled hole and radius with shoulder 8) how about using the dirtbike style mount with eye and solid clevis, then the whole subframe is removable :eek:

I was going to do gussets with a speed hole
Sorry tune, no dimple dies.......was looking into them but a little out of my budget at the time. And the clevis mount is nice but Ima just weld er up soleed

Then onto peg mounts and clean up the frame where the pegs will be because I still have a chopped tube sitting there

But good stuff guys, keep it coming as I keep moving forward......need to get this ride outa here and get the SR started (and I have plans to make a one piece recurve bow as well.......have been reading and ordering materials to do that project)

Sounds like a plan
How thick is the sheet?? And do you have smaller dimples??

Kamn said:
Sounds like a plan
How thick is the sheet?? And do you have smaller dimples??

Hmm I will check on materials, I have 2 thickness gauges and access to as much as I want. Dies are 1/2 3/4 and 1in. off eBay $80

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIMPLE-DIE-SET-1-2-3-4-and-1-DIES-/122310808751?hash=item1c7a4ad4af:g:hE0AAOSwdzVXmVwm

Damn
never thought of just dimple dies, the ones I was looking at cut and dimple and are pricey

Shit Tune, you just got me looking at these now

Kamn said:
Damn
never thought of just dimple dies, the ones I was looking at cut and dimple and are pricey

Shit Tune, you just got me looking at these now

I sure don't mind sending off a chunk, but likely half again more and your in dimple heaven mang

Alright, I bent a few tubes and notched them then a couple of small welds............

IMG_1481_zpsfzv7qri8.jpg

I think this is better than the straight supports
Had to stop after that because one of the welds had some shit in it and I ground it out and cleaned again, weld again and the same shit all over....was starting to frustrate me and I said thats it for tonight

Looks great!

What tungsten are you using, I like the red for dom and mild steel blue for the rest. if I could just see and keep my hand steady... getting old sucks.

Foot pedal is the same as mine green, mauve or yellow box? ;)

Back
Top Bottom