CB360 Cafe Project

kMoto

Been Around the Block
I've used this website for a great resource over the last couple of months as I've done research for my first build. Now that I've got a lot of things worked out on paper, I would like to share my build with the rest of you and hopefully return some of the insight I've taken from here. This will not be a high dollar build, I have no access to cnc's, lathes, or many shop tools I would like to use, just the standard resources most of us have. I also, just relocated from just outside the great Motor City, to the middle of nowhere Kentucky. So, I have even lost a lot of the resources I once had. The main resource being my own garage. Apparently there is not as much of a need for garages in KY as there is in MI, for obvious reasons. So, don't laugh when you see my workshop. It's pretty, but it works.

Here's where I pulled the bike from. (Cell pic)
IMG00019.jpg

In the MI garage.

IMG00027.jpg

Is that your living room!? ;D My wife would die lol she's such a neat freak. Nice find and start so far. I'm diggin the stance. What are the plans for colors? Keep us posted!

My fiance and I are renting a split level house, so that is the lower level. She has a hard enough with that. Living room.....no way!

As far as colors, I don't want to say, because I haven't thought about it too much yet. Right now just getting the function side of the equation is challenging enough. Word of advice for any youngsters out there....Never get engaged and start a project at the same time. If she loves you, she won't leave you, but that bike is just gonna keep on rustin' away!

I have to say I'm jealous. I wish I could work indoors but all I have is a carport to work under and not enough lighting. With my work schedule now I get about an hour of daylight to work on my bike.

That's quick work house training that beast that fast. I asked my wife if I could move mine into MY office and got the coldest GO TO HELL look evar. :mad: sheesh women :eek:

Got some triples in the mail the other day (thanks JustinLonghorn).

Stripped them with aircraft stripper from autozone.

HPIM2081.jpg

Just went for a brushed look.

HPIM2085.jpg

Old's and new's.

HPIM2087.jpg

HPIM2088.jpg

HPIM2093.jpg

My first goal of the weekend was to get my front brakes in shape, but I'm having some trouble getting the piston un-seized from the caliper. Posted the problem over here....http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=21540.0

I hate waiting, but hopefully I can get the 10mm x 1.25 grease fitting in by wed. from Fastenal. I'll try pumping it out then.

How I got mine to come out was to get the rest of the system working, IE get the MC to pump fluid to the ends of everything and out the bleeder on the piston housing. Mine had really plugged hoses but I fixed that with some brake fluid and some wire and an air compressor. Then I just took the bitch off the bike and stuck it in a bucket to catch the fluid and pumped on the MC until the piston popped out. I did have to refill the MC a couple of times but out it came. Make sure to put the cap back on or it will squirt brake fluid everywhere.

Have read in a few places where ppl took the housing with a suck piston and boiled it for a bit in water and then hit it with some compressed air.

My piston was more or less solid, with no major rust. After it came out I just cleaned up all the rust and dirt and crap and put a new O-ring in from the local HW store and off it went. Works great. ;)

Haha, your build looks a lot like mine... Done in the house over a fine quality rug! ;)
-Slice

them sure are some purdy triple trees :D everythings looking good so far. still jealous, it gets cold at night

Good to know it wasn't too rusted when it came out.

I did hook it up to the the master cyl., which works great, using a fresh straight line off my dirt bike and it didn't budge. I plan on either boiling it or just hitting it with some heat (bernzo torch) before I push on it with the grease.

Well one other thing I did do was put it in a C- clamp and push the piston back in. I had too in order to get it off the bike. Forgot to mention.

Slice said:
Haha, your build looks a lot like mine... Done in the house over a fine quality rug! ;)
-Slice

HA! 66replica has some pics of his bike sitting in his living room as well.... deny us not our passions, oh housing gods...

Back
Top Bottom