What did you build this week?

66709b76a31ba8ac7dc0c4c619857d71.jpg

JustinLonghorn said:
I have zero class, but always drink with my pinky out.

I always drink with my pinky in, under the bottom of the glass/bottle, too many times I've been drunk and let too many vessels drop to the floor , smash and waste my beer.

Just need to grout tomorrow. I got blisters on my fingers! Damn snippers and stone are hard on the digits.

1732-230618144322.jpeg

Maritime said:
Thanks. Even Better after grout I hope. Lot of work but really dresses up the kitchen

Yes, it looks very good. I used the same tiles to do the surround on my fireplace:

1232-230618203606.jpeg

And had enough left over to do the fireplace in the trailer as well:

1232-180318192518.jpeg

Nice. What are the accent tiles in the corners. I like those. We used same stone in different style for our fireplace.

1732-240618072921.jpeg

Maritime said:
Nice. What are the accent tiles in the corners. I like those. We used same stone in different style for our fireplace.

Thanx! Nice job on your fireplace, too. Doing tile work is one of those things that I started with absolutely no experience, just figuring "...doesn't look all that difficult, I can probably do that." Turns out that it's something I really enjoy. The corner pieces are 1" square glass tiles that were from sheets of accent tiles. I got a whole box of scraps for $1 from a local flooring shop. The fun part was cutting all those corners off the 4" travertine squares. I screwed together three L brackets to make a W shape that I used as a jig for the wet saw. Cut, turn the tile around and cut again, kind of a PITA but oh well. (Easier to do with tumbled travertine or tumbled marble than porcelain or ceramic.) I was sitting here looking at the thing just the other day and decided that if I could do it over again I'd do the glass accents only in the wall but not in the floor. That being said, though, I don't hate it, just a change of preference... seemed like the thing to do at the time. I've got some boxes of antique mosaic pieces that were given to me a few years ago. One of these days I'll find a suitable project for them and then will spend hours and hours trying to make a workable design... ::)

Yep, I picked it up out of necessity but have now done a lot of tile jobs, even been paid to do it LOL. Im good at it so like it. It's better than crack filling and I do that too.

I got fed up with changing bits of plastic on weedwhacker so made this from some sort of cover plate and a couple of Harley Davidson spokes. Centrifuges out and cuts great (I did sharpen the cutting edge a bit) Got slightly bent trying to cut a 2" branch but works fantastic up to 1/2" ;D Dangerous as hell but great fun. Did about 1 acre of overgrown lots in next to no time 8)

Attachments

• DSCN7441.JPG
    DSCN7441.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
crazypj said:
I got fed up with changing bits of plastic on weedwhacker so made this from some sort of cover plate and a couple of Harley Davidson spokes. Centrifuges out and cuts great (I did sharpen the cutting edge a bit) Got slightly bent trying to cut a 2" branch but works fantastic up to 1/2" ;D Dangerous as hell but great fun. Did about 1 acre of overgrown lots in next to no time 8)
HA!
That's awesome. and a lot less scary than the sawblade ones.

I used to do a lot of tile work. I learned from a friend who did it for a living while I was out of work. It really is easier than it looks. I used to do tile jobs for my almost step dad...he was a general contractor. Good money at it until you get older and it hurts your knees and legs something awful...especially working a 40+hr a week regular job. A small tile saw it worth its weight in gold that's for sure....screw those nippers.

Back
Top Bottom