A CB360 Build - Lil' Sebastian Rides Again

Dudes, the neutral wire in the harness (the one by the black/white coil wires), what plugs into it? I get it's a neutral switch but I've got nothing to go into it. Do I need it to get the neutral light on my gauge to work?

The neutral light circuit is a fairly simple one, in case you need to replace it.

The bulb on your dash gets power from a black wire. The other wire from the indicator light runs directly to the green/red wire coming from your alternator.

Sonreir said:
The neutral light circuit is a fairly simple one, in case you need to replace it.

The bulb on your dash gets power from a black wire. The other wire from the indicator light runs directly to the green/red wire coming from your alternator.

Cool, so I can just leave that wire I was referring to loose?

el barto said:
Few bits today, mainly electrical with the kind help of Sonreir - finally most of the electrics are done.

Lil spray booth I cleverly knocked together (could also double as emergency underwear?):

Getting fuck all done while on dad duty:
RAbGxQO.jpg

You need one of them papoose things, carry baby around and still do some work ;D

Up in horsey heaven, here's the thing
You trade your legs for angels wings
And once we've all said good-bye
You take a running leap and you learn to fly

Bye Bye Li'l Sebastian
Miss you in the saddest fashion
Bye Bye Li'l Sebastian
You're 5000 candles in the wind

Sonreir said:

Yup.

Depends mainly on the brand and the model of the lights in question, but LEDs usually run between 3W and 5W and incandescent are between 20W and 25W.

Sonreir said:
Depends mainly on the brand and the model of the lights in question, but LEDs usually run between 3W and 5W and incandescent are between 20W and 25W.

Thanks Matt. Is there a way to test it? I got some cheap and cheerful LED bulbs off eBay and tested one of them. I wasn't too keen on the lighter shade of orange it gave off but if there is a significant power saving then I'd be cool with it.

Afternoon all. Another question from me: any tips on how to get a piston out of a stripped brake caliper? My first thought was to get a hose to it as snug as possible and pump it out, but it just ain't working. Any ideas?

Be careful where to drill. You don't want to damage the caliper.

I prefer to drill through the piston and then tap it for an M6 bolt. Then you tighten the bolt down and it pulls/pushes the piston out.

I always use a wedge bolt. You have to buy one from almost the same size of your calliper pistons and turn the old piston out.

Mine was very stuck

I reconnected a new master cylinder and it pumped out nicely

Steve

Thanks for all the replies guys. After stripping the thread in the caliper I was hoping to reuse the piston in the replacement. But I'm just gunna rebuild the caliper from new.

Back
Top Bottom