www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CAFE CREME - BOARD.....TRACKER  (Read 596 times)

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: CAFE CREME - BOARD.....TRACKER
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2018, 15:18:03 »
Yep. Just wanted to show that you'll be able to blend the kawi motor with the older parts and it will come out cool in the end if they can take a modern scout lump and makd it look like that.  Cheers
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:00:45 »
MT - yep, all down to careful use of styling cues and disguise ! The colourways will play a big part too. I'm pretty well settled on a light coffee with yellowish tinged cream [ Buttermilk ]

The stash is slowly growing !  ;) By the end of next week I should have all the major parts in stock - and quite a few of the small items.

The Weber KZ motor will definitely be the one for this project - I'll make it look the part !

Meanwhile I'm arranging to collect the late KZ motor from a pal at the end of the month for the Glemseck bike - also probably a complete spare bottom end.

"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2018, 13:01:35 »
POC time .......... yes - the Bantam forks will work with the XLR front wheel. The wheel spindle slot just needs opening up a tad to take the Honda spindle [ which just needs shortening ] and tyre clearance is OK.

I think the fork legs need to be a couple of inches shorter [ cosmetics ] - AND I wanted to get that Motobecane "banana" fork look. Again, what worked in my head looks like a goer. Unfortunately I ran out of sufficient garden hose [  ::)!! ] to mock up the complete banana shape - but at least you can see where I'm going with it ..... bit of imagineering required. Who needs cad-cam ! ;)

I'm going to use a couple of seat springs [ see pix ] at the top to give the illusion of suspension, and to a degree they will add some additional springing. ALL parts are available to refurb the Bantam forks - and not expensive.
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"