Guages

gtosteve65

I'm not sure if this is the best sub-forum to post this in but here we go.

I am looking for new gauges for my 1982 Yamaha Seca 550. I want to have electronic controlled gauges, but with an analog old school style. Trying to avoid any screens on the gauges as well. As of now I have found only 2 that work for me. Speedhut.com custom gauges. or Koso TNT series gauges.

I am leaning heavily towards the speedhut gauges, but they come with one inconvenience. They don't have a cup or mount behind them, so I will have to fabricate something.

Has anyone used speedhut gauges before? Or any other suggestions to what I can choose from that fits my goals?

I have a speedhut gauge on my chopper. I dig it. The info from the GPS sensor is great to have. (elevation, etc...) Making a mount should be relatively easy as fabrication goes.

There are a bunch on the market now, just depends on what your budget is. Auto Meter, VDO, Drag Specialties, KOSO, Speedhut, Ashata, Trail Tech, etc. VDO and Auto Meter both make a vintage style electronic gauge and VDO also makes a GPS speed sender to convert any of their electronic gauges into a GPS gauge. Aside from budget price, the less expensive gauges tend to be less accurate.

I want to keep the price for the pair below $400. As long as they are within 10mph I think I will be ok considering the current speedo on the bike is stuck at 10mph. I will look into VDO and Autometer as I have not heard of them.

Canyoncarver... can you post a picture of your gauge?

This is from Speedhut and is on my shovelhead chopper. I wanted one with an integrated electronic tach and custom lettering. It's the shizzle. In this image I had the digital readout set to display altitude from the gps sensor. It will display all sorts of other data too. Speed is gps perfect. Tach is via the output from the electronic ignition so no cable from the transmission. On that bike, getting up around The Ton is rolling the dice. This unit was around 330$ if I remember correctly. The only thing I would change is to add the blinker, neutral, high beam leds which are available but didn't opt for them at the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-09-27 12-13-12.png
    Screenshot from 2018-09-27 12-13-12.png
    360.8 KB · Views: 539
That is a nice setup!

I'm going to get a speedo and tach separately. And that's the next thing I have to look into is the lights.

Back
Top Bottom