1971 Suzuki TS250 streetish bike

Tune-A-Fish said:
Its like pulling a tractor out of the mud man... pull hard and it sucks harder... loosen it all up re-torque it down to maybe 80flbs and grab a 2lb hammer be careful and give the end of that pusher rod a good solid rap nice and straight on... one or two should do it with some heat right at the shaft man.

really helps to have a lil anti-seeze on the puller threads and center tip as well

Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately I did not have a lot of luck. So I was thinking how can I pull with a bunch of force? And..........slide hammer, I think i'll buy one.

Also had some luck getting off the broken oil injection bolt and the exhaust bolts I had to drill out.

did you lube up the threads ? and use your 1/2" air impact on the puller ? pop it tight loose repeat a few times ? did you hang it by the puller and smack it with a 2lb hammer ? i think yer skeerd of it :-\
a slide hammer is not a better solutution in this case

Plenty of PBBlaster too or soak the whole stator/rotor in a small bucket of some penetrant for a week first..

Slide hammer did work. Took about 5 pulls and it came right off, its hard to see in the pic, but I was about to get it. I don't have 1/2" impact so I wasnt able to use it, and I did try hanging by the puller, I couldnt get a good shot or the right one. But I did get it off, so all is good.

Progress has been slow due to Robotics, the team I mentor (team 1723) ended up winning the Kansas City Regional along with teams from blue springs(team 1785) and olathe northwest (team 1710), it was awesome for them to win, proud of the kids.

That being said, a little work has gotten done, I painted the fork lowers, and I really like the look with the chrome retaining nut on it, I think with a black hub, stainless spokes and same colored rims, it is going to look sharp

and like all projects, one step forward another back, I knocked over my frame, which had the tank on it, so now I have a nice dent I need to take out

and in case anyone noticed the wheel in the left of the picture above, I bought a gs550 so I could ride this season without loosing out due to bike under construction, I'll try keeping it stock, minus more comfy handlebars

Little progress, getting the front ready for powdercoating, and cleaning some grossness up.

All the guts

Getting a little further into the engine, looks like PO loved RTV, got in all over the clutch, looking at the basket almost looks new and a lot of the inside looks great.

Allballs is super helpful, Helen on their customer service is awesome, the earlier ts250 need a larger id bearing size on the bottom, I talked to Helen, she helped me get the right bearing and was very professional.

I finally got tire spoons in and removed the old tires, much cleaning needed. Need to figure out how to order new spokes. Any suggestions?

Send one each (4 total) to Buchanan's they'll hook you up with no worries man.

http://www.buchananspokes.com

Front spokes are all the same, the rear is odd, there are 2 obvious different lengths, but half of each are a little shorter than the other half in that length and are at different angles, so it looks like 4 different ones one the rear, but I know thats not true, likely someone put the wrong spokes on and distorted them. I'll delve into it further once I finish cleaning the hubs up and powdercoat them. But I have been playing with the soda blaster and I think I'll have to switch to a more agressive media for the non-critical bits as it is not at my liking, anyone have suggestions on making the aluminum look better, other than paint?

It does have 2 diameters for the rear only one for the front, but 2 different angles like so

And this is the angle issue

One thing I do see is the spokes with the 90ish degree bend have rubbing marks on the straight spoke area

The ones that are obtuse do not, leading me to believe it has been respoked at one time with stuff laying around. The front follows the same trend, just with less rubbing on the straight area and no marking of the hub

Maybe the two angles are for one sitting in the dimple, the other to make up the distance for not having a dimple?

its been a little while, but I did some baking today, I gunkoted the spokes hopefully they'll hold up alright. need to order new nipples because these look awful and I seem to have lost one.

the color is supposed to be a flat stainless, but truly look like a bare metal, they should look good with the satin black hubs and rims.

Back
Top Bottom