NOVEMBER 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote for the one you like :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah!!!! the love..
Thanks Kevin, I am always up for providing great food for great friends. I actually never thought that I would be riding this year at Barber. but Man! all the guys that pitched in to lend a hand to troubleshoot and get me running in a matter of hours.

S Majure said:
Ah!!!! the love..
Thanks Kevin, I am always up for providing great food for great friends. I actually never thought that I would be riding this year at Barber. but Man! all the guys that pitched in to lend a hand to troubleshoot and get me running in a matter of hours.
I had no part in that,unless the laughing and middle fingers at him count.So, I may owe him a vote.lol

Fuck clean i got rare on my side. there are only four or five of these

Attachments

• 2013-10-26 06.29.46.jpg
    2013-10-26 06.29.46.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 587
stroker crazy said:
You will find it gets easier the more often you do it!

Crazy

;D
Previous history dictates 2 cycle engines hate me... Chain saws, weed-eaters, leaf blowers... typically anything that starts using a priming bulb and a rope. ::)

bradj said:
A while back i bought 2 cl450 and for 500 bucks. Then i called a friend and struck a deal to unload the runner for 500 bucks. my attentions turned to the more original nonrunner. i took a que from the honda guys on dtt. i decided to strip all the paint and build a "brat". first i stole a seat from a junk 70's honda dirt bike and cut the fenders down.a few phone calls and a ebay listing later i was 700 bucks to the good ha abd the 450 never started. so with both bikes gone i turned my attention to the extra parts that came with the 450's i sold the fined covers to some hipster and some carb and clutch parts to a dtt member ect ect... all the while i was building a war chest and hatching a plain.

. a certain xs650 was being passed around for a few years and had made it way from pa to md by way of 4 owners. so with the money i made off honda kids i made a offer to the owner of said bike. the guy sold the bike to me conplete with a carbon fiber tracker seat that was a donation from our own cyclefreak. a few horse trades later i had a proper wheel set. then i took a good hard look at the swing arm and wasnt happy. over the course of a few nights i build a nice brace i could live with. while at mid ohio i broke a set of shocks i got from our own funny man rich ard (thanks dick). dread rock came to save the day with a pair he bought off jimmer (i think). me dread and 7 or 8 other members wrenched on my xs and dread rocks xs in to the night. opon returning home justinlonghorn, vonyinzer, dick ard and kop anwsered ever question gave/traded parts and offered advice to rewire the bike you see.

So your not voting on my efforts your voting on a family of like minded guys that would drop everything to help a friend. sleep on that befor you make a choice. there is no store or ebay listing that sells the stuff that built this bike.
The bonds of friends holds this yamaha together
as my acquaintance Limey said (an honest Brit) it's the bike that triumph wished they could build and it doesn't leak...nice job you bunch of blokes ;)

Thanks everybody. And thanks especially to all who helped me to get running at Barber!!

Back
Top Bottom