workin on

Attachments

• 2011-11-16 09.27.16 comp.jpg
    2011-11-16 09.27.16 comp.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 2011-11-16 09.27.16 comp.jpg
    2011-11-16 09.27.16 comp.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 245
Kick ass ill give you twenty bucks for those heads ha ha. Just kidding ill go forty.

i love your bike man

I liked it so much I built a more affordable version

Attachments

• Cafe Yama Left.jpg
    Cafe Yama Left.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 272
  • Cafe Twins.jpg
    Cafe Twins.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 263
they have gauges and metal fenders now

Attachments

• derbi motor 012.jpg
    derbi motor 012.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Checker Cafe Motor_Pipes#94C2.jpg
    Checker Cafe Motor_Pipes#94C2.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 252
built the red and blue for my brother

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    900.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 335.jpg
    335.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 223
prototype bike, built ,sold, kid cooked it, bought back, rebuilt and for sale again. this is a fast fun bike these photos are before rebuild. now has new pipes, pistons, fenders, cleaned up ready for income tax season

Attachments

• Orange Yama Motor-Pipes.jpg
    Orange Yama Motor-Pipes.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 872
That's a shit load of RDs where do you find them all ???

period bolt on 73 and one of the two Daytona's that I am thinking of butchering right now

Attachments

• Yama 350 Right.jpg
    Yama 350 Right.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 901
  • Whitey Left.jpg
    Whitey Left.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 896
yeah... where do you find all these RD's? They are freaking hard to find in CA without sucking your bank account dry (even for a beat up project bike)!!

IvansScramblerCafe said:
yeah... where do you find all these RD's? They are freaking hard to find in CA without sucking your bank account dry (even for a beat up project bike)!!

Yup here too.
I check Craigslist about 3 times a day an I have seen one rd go by around me. It was waaaaay overpriced.

that is the price..... if a set of good expansion chambers is $800 and a set of cylinders fresh 1st or 2nd bore and pistons falls between $600 and $900 and papered frame is $300 to $150.......you get the idea. The market is not arbitrary. these are real numbers attached to real products bought by real people.
there are still great deals all the, time, a couple days ago RD 400 running motor in frame with wheels, and tank sold for $500 parted out would have a got x2. for what was there. But if you wanted to ride it tomorrow legally and safely, it would take another $2000 in used parts! no less.
who do you think is buying these so called expensive bikes? novice first timers who don't know any better? NO guys who know what they are looking at ,and understand the cost associated with building and running a bike.
I collect and sell modern furniture and people who aren't familiar with the market are always astounded when you buy a chair for $2000 dollars,and let you know they wouldn't pay $200. Then a few years later you sell that same chair at auction for $5000, that same person say's I wish I would have bought that when it was $2000.......you still have to buy smart and there is risk in everything, but I dont think they will be making any two stroke giant killing street bikes in the near future. Even though it was a mass produced product the value lies in the thrill of using it! very similar to the 32 ford ;)

Love your RD's, im still considering buying an RD400, i can get one for cheap right now hehe

The forks, swingarm and wheels are from a kawasaki 250, right?

Do you have a build thread or can you just tell me in short what kind of modifications i need to do in order to mount them on my RD350 YPVS 83' ?

Back
Top Bottom