76 KZ400

CoolerKing

Just wanted to show off my KZ. It's still a work in progress but I just finished the paint and I think it's really coming together.

Here's a before shot, it was a lot rougher in person than in the pictures. I wish I had taken more before shots.
IMG_20110605_153221.jpg

Ditched the highway bars and the rack.
DSCN1264.jpg

Switched out the bars, chopped blasted and painted some JY fenders, changed out the turn signals and the tail light, blasted and painted some JY headers and hooked up some Dyna mufflers.
IMG_20110711_143114.jpg

New Shinko 712's and painted the rims/ rusty spokes.
IMG_0260.jpg

Debadged the side covers
IMG_0273.jpg

Painted the tank Duplicolor GM gunmetal metallic / spraymax 2k clear
IMG_0274.jpg

Here's how it sits today, still a work in progress but I think it's come a long way.
IMG_0299crop.jpg

Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

CoolerKing, good to see you over here on DTT too.

What did you use to fill the holes in the side covers?

diggerdanh said:
CoolerKing, good to see you over here on DTT too.

What did you use to fill the holes in the side covers?

Just bondo, the one side cover had fallen off while riding and scuffed up the emblem pretty bad. I didn't feel like replacing it so I just filled in the holes and sanded it down.

Nice work - looking forward to see what you come up with. Is the fender just the shortened original fender or is it something else?

GreatDane said:
Nice work - looking forward to see what you come up with. Is the fender just the shortened original fender or is it something else?

Thanks! Just shortened kz fenders from the junkyard. The originals are in pretty good condition, I couldn't chop them up.

CoolerKing said:
haha, good eye. I like the way those 360's look and I figured fuck it right, most people wouldn't know the difference
LOL for sure... 70's bikes sorta all look the same! I like the Hondasaki look hahahahaha..

Thanks for the compliments... I still have to a lot to do.

I need to repaint the fenders, I was thinking either gloss black/clear or some Rustoleum Appliance paint.

I have to address a slight oil leak too before I can really clean up the motor.

Back
Top Bottom