Motorcycle Shipping Options - Ontario to Alberta

sbruton

Where the fvck is that money you owe me?!?
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to pick up a 1983 Honda XL 600 from a friend in Mississauga but the catch is I have to get it shipped to Calgary. I'm in the process of investigating the potential cost to ship the bike in the hope that I can find something reasonable (i.e. less than the cost of the bike!!). The last time I shipped bikes was when I moved from the Ottawa area to Calgary and it turned out to be a total nightmare... I'm not in a rush and ideally would like to combine it with a truck already heading this way to reduce the cost....

Any advice, recommendations or insight would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Shane

Save money and just ride lol. I am sure you could find something locally to not give you a headache unless its the cost of beer.

firebane said:
Save money and just ride lol. I am sure you could find something locally to not give you a headache unless its the cost of beer.

That thought crossed my mind for about 1/2 of a second...just the thought of riding an XL 600 3000 kms makes my arse hurt!

The cost of the same bike locally is more than double what it's being offered to me for, plus it holds some sentimental value (and I know the bike's history). That being said, if the cost to ship is too high or it's too much hassle I won't do it. I figure it's worth a few hours of my time to research it before I make any commitments.

Back
Top Bottom