47.6 KB · Views: 1,171
  • photo 107.JPG
    photo 107.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • photo 110.JPG
    photo 110.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,148
Re: newbie cb200 build

So she’s now stripped minus the swing arm bold which we are having a few dramas with. As soon as that’s done powder coating and the fun stuff begins. Wiring loom is in good nick and whole bike needs a good cleaning de greasing and polish. Had a mate come help as the lil twin was a headache to remove from frame and trust me two heads hands and muscles are better than one. My garage now looks like a parts store grease everywhere, but trust me when i tell you I have a smile from ear to ear every time I think about it.

Who's this JP bloke? Must be some Awesome dude hey, good looking to boot (hello, ladies) :p

lol

nice progress pics mate was fun stripping it to bits. Was pretty funny trying to remove the twin the wrong way lol

Good luck with that Swing Arm Bolt it was stuck good (don't round out the bolt! nooooo no no no)

Let us know when she's coming back together would be happy to lend a hand again.

garage is a bit of a mess at the moment mate but as soon as its cleaned up swing arm off and shes off to powder. then u will be making your way back over to put her back together mate.

Attachments

• wood.JPG
    wood.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,599
Re: cb200 bratracker "lola"

alec.korver said:
any progress pics? Excited to watch another 200 come along.

hay alec

new progress hey, i finally after two weeks managed to get the swing arm bolt off. the sucker was pretty much fused in there. So have ordered new bushes and seals etc. Got the new swing arm bolt last week all good. At the moment I’m just cleaning and prepping for powder coating ill have to through some pics up soon.

Do you have a build thread mate?

hit a bit of a budget snag mate am cleaning parts to get ready for powder coating now. Also had a bit of a swing arm issue but problem solved with the little help of oxy and a hacksaw lol will through some pics up asap

Oxy and hacksaw will solve most problems...for the rest a big hammer is required ;D ;D ;D

Ok updates so far. Today I finally pulled my finger out, frame, swing arm, centre stand, tree, chain cover etc. all ready to go to powder. Also pulled the carbs out next jobs as soon as the parts go to powder are:

The carbs (kit and paint)
Finnish the seat (trim)
Prep wheels
Start with handlebars and controls

So this is where I’m at bit behind but plodding along.

Attachments

• carbs.jpg
    carbs.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,282

Parts are off to powder. New swing arm bushes and dust covers have also showed up which is great news. All steam ahead so far.

cb200 bratracker "lola"

Ok updates so far.
-we have a beautiful powder coated frame and bits and pieces.
-we have new bushes and swing arm bits.
-we have a seat getting finished off.
-we have a burning desire to get stuck in to the re build.

dcec06c5-1a9b-3d12.jpg

Before powder

dcec06c5-1b10-dccb.jpg

dcec06c5-1b71-6d95.jpg

After powdered stooooked
Bad shots sorry but it came out a treat

dcec06c5-1be1-3c8c.jpg

Seat prepped

And that's it so far. Next is a massive dime city order for headlight, shocks, fuel lines, new cafe racer DVD as aus sux and we can't get it here and a few more little odds and ends. And a order from cmsnl for fuel petcock and fuel cap.

Hopefully the updates will come along more often now.

Maritime said:
Nice, pooch approves as well ;D

shes a pain in the freckle hahah
just a question as i had a ton of trouble with the swing arm and bushes when i was stripping her do i need to lube or grease the bushes at all? and i was suggested to grease the swing arm bolt is that correct? im quite unsure as i have been told several different things
i need a lil help :-[

Back
Top Bottom