82 Kawasaki AR80 cafe w engine swap

I have so many questions for you! I had to put the project off for a year so I could finish school, but now I am back at it. I also have an 82 kawi ar80 and it needs a lot of work. I plan on using a buck boost converter as well. I want to install some LED turn signals. Do you have any recommendations? Also, where did you get the aftermarket flywheel? I am considering replacing the CDI with an unrestricted CDI.. Any thoughts on this? Anyway, your bike is an inspiration! Thanks in advance

Any recommendations as far as? The flywheel isn't aftermarket, just turned on my lathe. I tired a few different cdi boxes on the stock ar80 engine. None of them were unrestricted. I know a company in the uk makes them though.

Recommendations on a CDI box? I am a total novice when it comes to electrical. I want to do a battery delete as well. If I get a 12 volt rectifier and a buck boost converter, will that be enough to power LED signals, brakelight, headlight and horn? If not, could I just throw on a capactior? Any tips/links to parts would be much appreciated.

HerrDeacon said:
I'd love to do an engine swap in my MB5 and was wondering about donor engines. You mention going with battery powered lights, is this because the KDX engine doesn't have a lighting coil? I'd like to find an engine that does, but finding any donor engines around here is futile. 18hp sounds nice though :)

Love what you're doing here, keep it up.
Honda H100

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

we never got the h100 in the usa, where i believe he's from. cr engine would be a good time though. and nicolas, are you talking about the stock engine or a ar80? if you rectify and go buck boost, it'll be like a moped. lights will dim at idle, but they'll still be on. you can find super tiny batteries for cheap nowadays though. could prob run one of those. check out my grom killer thread for another bike i built using a battery like that.

2digit-2t said:
we never got the h100 in the usa, where i believe he's from. cr engine would be a good time though.

I'm in Canada but same deal, sadly no H100. Always have my eye out for a cheap CR80 but have yet to find one. Will keep looking but still fine with the bike as is.

we didn't get anything cool two stroke in the good ole usa.... hahahah hence this build. road going only 2 strokes were banned in 83/4. one day i might do a fairing, but i kind of like the look of it naked. plus this was kind of a budget build. it's disgusting how little i have into it over the cost of the original bike.

The last good 2 stroke officially imported to the UK was the Kawasaki KR1-S, but the V twin TZRs and NSR 250s were brought in as private imports from Japan, last big 2 stroke sold in the UK was the RG500, but like the RD500 it wasn't a big seller in the UK, in the late 80s the UK was GSXR crazy.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom