cb200 remix

1974 cb200

Well here we go, this is the before shot. hope to be finished in a different color and rebuild the motor etc.
IMG_0086.jpg

Having fun with the cutoff wheel.
IMG_0174.jpg

fabricated rearset mounts and tried out some hole saws on the frame.
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

with that completed, onto frame bracing with a detachable stone guard.
IMG_0186.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about this site Brent!

1974 cb200 said:
Thanks for letting me know about this site Brent!

Haha, no problem. It's a win win really. We all get to see your sweeet CB200 and you can get some ideas from others on the site. That's what I love about this place. So many projects going on at once.

It's sad to say, you prob have THE best "before" bike ever. I am also interested to see what you do with it. I would go more all out race with mine but I'm trying to keep it "daily rider" friendly.

If or when you get time, I would really like to know in depth how and what you used on your electronic ignition. I think that's next for me. All the parts you needed, what you had to change etc etc.

Uhh... the before looks better than most afters. I hope you know what you're doing cause if this bike gets messed up it's on your hands!! ;D

I recognize that seat: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-cb200-cafe-seat-cb-200-cb200t-cb175_W0QQitemZ170303525934QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170303525934&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1#ht_500wt_963

LOL!

weekend update. completeted the bracing. deciided to do a little bit of fillet brazing.[
IMG_0004.jpg

made a gentle curve for tire clearance.
IMG_0006.jpg

then drilled and tapped holes for the stainless stone guard. will use shorter bolts.[
IMG_0009.jpg
img][/img]
IMG_0011.jpg

Now waiting for my glass solo seat to arrive so I can fab my battery/electronics mount.

Did some re routing of the throttle cables and hiding of the wiring harness. the right throttle cable now goes thru the frame via silver brazed brass tube instead of underneath the backbone of the frame. should be cleaner looking. also made a rectangular hole for the wiring harness. hopefully this will hide most of the cables and wiring out of sight.
IMG_0001.jpg
[
IMG_0003-1.jpg
[
IMG_0004-1.jpg
[
IMG_0007-1.jpg
[
IMG_0011-1.jpg
[
IMG_0008-1.jpg

I like it.

Why not grind the brass down flush with the frame and try to give it a kinda frenched headlight look?

Just a thought...

Came up with a brake light switch that did not us a factory pull style with overpull spring. Also brazed another brass tube to hide the wires thru the frame. Went ahead and sanded all of the brass tubes down flush to the frame, thanks for the idea. Much cleaner looking!
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Very nice indeed, its attention to all the little things that will make a project like this something else.

Keep up the good stuff - boingk

Really nice work. By far the best before photo here. Quality build both before and now. This will be just one more build, out of about 20, that I'll be watching. Keep up the great work and keep posting pics. Troy

thanks for the nice complements guys! Worked on the battery relocation and electrical items today.

IMG_0083.jpg

Made and brazed some hangers for the battery strap.

IMG_0079.jpg

With the seat and a undertail shot.

IMG_0082.jpg
[
IMG_0081.jpg

Finished the tank mount. Totally ripped of Troybilts idea for the rear mount. Coudn't come up with a better solution!
IMG_0016.jpg
[
IMG_0020-1.jpg
[
IMG_0019.jpg
img][/img]
Did some work on the seat mount as well. Decided to use alloy rivnuts for the mounting bolts. These things are awesome![
IMG_0018.jpg

Also finally capped or the ends of the frame.[
IMG_0015.jpg

Added some drain/lightening holes underneath the swingarm and some mounts for a chain rub guard on top.[
IMG_0023.jpg
[
IMG_0022-1.jpg

Now for PAINT!

i too would have taken it as is, from the before picture. but i will patiently wait for the change.

Back
Top Bottom