cb200 remix

Did some painting on the frame. Started of with a acid etching of the the steel.
IMG_0032.jpg

Then some two part epoxy primer.
IMG_0034.jpg

Two coats of single stage gloss black.
IMG_0038.jpg

Got my SS spokes from buchanans and repolished the hubs and the spokes!
IMG_0045.jpg

Added some vented hole to the front hub. Hoping that the scalloped section would draw in more air.
IMG_0043.jpg

Had a machinist friend turn me out some alloy spacers to replace the steel ones!
IMG_0041.jpg

Laced, trued, and tensioned by me. the front is a 1.6 and the rear is a 1.85. tires are going to be 3.00 front and 3.50 for the rear.
IMG_0047.jpg

ROLLING CHASSIS, my favorite stage. Almost done. Now onto the motor!
IMG_0077.jpg

Oh yeah, replace that hunk of steel battery plate with an aluminum one.
IMG_0080-1.jpg

Wow that's looking amazing!

I'm kind of steering away from the crappy DIY stuff especially when it comes to paint. I know it won't hold up, so I'm just going to paint stuff myself, and get parts that I want to last cleared from a body shop.

Excellent work!

Thanks guys! This is my 3rd project. Usually I will sell it then move onto the next. But this one will be a keeper! Painting is pretty easy, been doing it for a while on bicycle frames. The right equipment , good prep work , clean spray guns and a clean booth can equal quality results. Oh yeah, good lighting as well!
NATE

I might invest in some proper painting equipment if I continue to build bikes as a hobby. I'm currently working on my first project and I love it. I want it to last but I don't want to spend TOO much on it and not end up using the tools/etc that I bought for it.

What shocks are those? Looks like you are lowering it about an inch in the front?

The rears are off of my CB360 and the front are stock. I lowered them in the trees a little bit to sharpen the head angle.
NATE

This was suppose to be the motor weekend but unfortunatly the lower copper headgasket had a 175cc bore size. So I aimed my nervous energy at making a new front brake strap out of aluminum.
IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

With some scrap material I decided to make my own headlight ears.
IMG_0132.jpg

These are seatclamps for a bicycle frame. They turned into perfect clamps onto the stanchions to hold the ears.
IMG_0131.jpg

Polished up and mounted. Turned some downtime into some unexpected improvements!
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Still no lower headgsket! So my free time was spent on shortening the stock front fender. Welded shut the hole for the rubber cable guide and also brazed on a stainless wire as a new brake/speedo cable guide.
IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Also installed some of the wiring.
IMG_0128-1.jpg

[im
IMG_0126.jpg
g][/img]
IMG_0124.jpg

Very nice work!!!!! These are the types of projects that re-kindle my motivation to keep working on my project.

engine time!! Hear are the rebuild parts including the new copper head base gasket.
IMG_0081-1.jpg

Down to the cases. Installed the new friction plates.
IMG_0082-1.jpg

Honed the cylinders and lapped the valves. installed the race spring with new stem seals.
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Back together! Found Stainless steel acorn nuts and washers for the headbolts. Will be using SS bolts for the covers as well.
IMG_0159-1.jpg

Back in without a hitch.
IMG_0165.jpg

Installed a new o-ring chain. Also made a aluminium protector from the chain for the swingarm.
IMG_0160.jpg

Had to make some extra clearance for the chain.
IMG_0162.jpg

Primed the seat, tank, bucket and the fender. any color ideas???????
IMG_0166.jpg

Okay, I just have to do this. THIS is a proper before pic. We could have just traded bikes, you would have saved me a lot of work :D
fence008.jpg
fence009.jpg

Oh, if you still have the stock exhaust from that bike let me know I might be interested. I was thinking the high pipes as well but I'm not sure yet.

I got the springs off of EBAY. They fit cb160/175, but will work on the 200 as well. JUst slightly tighter, about a mm taller. The old exhaust is pretty shot. One of the reasons I got rid off it. Only thing worth saving was the headpipes.
NATE

1974 cb200 said:
I got the springs off of EBAY. They fit cb160/175, but will work on the 200 as well. JUst slightly tighter, about a mm taller. The old exhaust is pretty shot. One of the reasons I got rid off it. Only thing worth saving was the headpipes.
NATE

ok, i looked on ebay. not saying i am very good at finding things on there, but could you please point me more specifically to where you found those springs. i have been looking all over for them.
thank you
JH

Back
Top Bottom