Mojave Tank on XS 750

2_DONE_THE_TON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey guys!

Has anyone of you guys put a different tank on your XS750 project?
I was thinking about the classic Mojave Tank,pretty cheesy but there are some SR500 projects out there where the tank seems to fit...
Dunno bout the XS 750...

Thanks in advance!

I doubt a mojave tank will fit over the three-bar backbone. the cruiser style teardrop xs750 special tanks are boring and huge.....if that's what yours is then get a xs750D or E (standard) model tank for it and relocate the rear mounting tab....I've done it on 3 "specials" and I LOVE the standard tank's knee indents.

I actually have a spare of the standard tank if you want one. would take $150 for it plus shipping. complete with petcocks and cap.

I've had a few tanks made for XS750's, not cheap though.

Attachments

• 100_2593.JPG
    100_2593.JPG
    880.9 KB · Views: 263
focusinprogress said:
I doubt a mojave tank will fit over the three-bar backbone. the cruiser style teardrop xs750 special tanks are boring and huge.....if that's what yours is then get a xs750D or E (standard) model tank for it and relocate the rear mounting tab....I've done it on 3 "specials" and I LOVE the standard tank's knee indents.

I actually have a spare of the standard tank if you want one. would take $150 for it plus shipping. complete with petcocks and cap.

Thanks man!I got actually 2 stock tanks with the indents,but i´m looking for a more "streamlined look"...I saw this bol d´or on the wheels and waves and would like to have a slimmer longer tank for the XS...not really practical but good and sleak lookin´....

Attachments

• i know that one.jpg
    i know that one.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 251
One could always make one from an XS750 base and weld e.g. an SR500 top onto it. SR500 tanks with rotten bottom shouldn't be too hard to find and you have an XS750 with a dent (the one I gave you a few years back).

I could throw a TR1-Tank onto my XS frame and see if it'll fit. If it does, the Mojave will as well, as everybody and their dog does it on XV750ies.

Cheers,
Greg

der_nanno said:
One could always make one from an XS750 base and weld e.g. an SR500 top onto it. SR500 tanks with rotten bottom shouldn't be too hard to find and you have an XS750 with a dent (the one I gave you a few years back).

I could throw a TR1-Tank onto my XS frame and see if it'll fit. If it does, the Mojave will as well, as everybody and their dog does it on XV750ies.

Cheers,
Greg

This would be great Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom