Wiring a 3 position key to the M unit?

Pat383ram

Hi guys, I just recently bought the M unit and couldn't find how to wire a standard three position ignition key to it. All the diagrams I've seen just show how to hook up the "M lock".Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Pat

Unless I missed something in the menu configuration options, it's not really designed for it. You're probably going to have to lose your parking lights and just treat the ignition as an on/off switch.

So I think I got it... There are 4 wires (BlK,RED,BRN, and BRN with White Stripe) Black to ground, Red to Positive and pick one of the two browns to connect to the input marked "Lock".

No. Definitely, no.

Black is a power wire. You'll blow a fuse (or start a fire if you're not running a fuse) if you ground out the black. Brown and brown/white are no longer needed.

Red to fuse battery + and black to the LOCK input on the m-unit.

I will be sure to do that then, but I was talking about "Red wire to fuse and battery". What size fuse between the battery and the key/switch? Thanks!

Sonreir™ said:
From the ignition switch to the m-unit? Very small. Probably like 1A would be fine.

Same wiring run. 1A fuse from battery to ignition switch, then to m-unit.

Back
Top Bottom