Headlight wiring issue dohc cb750f 1981

KK

I'm in the middle of installing a new headlight, but I think i messed up somewhere.

For starters, the ole one was working fine before i started. I took it off, but I might have let it hang by the 3 wires (blue, green, white).

I was planning on just cutting the wires and splicing these with the ones coming from the new head light, but when checking the wires with a voltmeter none of them had any power at all. I checked with every combination of light switches on/off.

Now, how do i troubleshoot this? Is removing the tank to get better access to the harness a good place to start? I'm hoping I just pulled some connections loose by letting the old headlight dangle by the wires...

Green is a ground wire. The blue and the white wires are your high beam and low beam, respectively.

The blue and the white wires will get power from the dimmer switch on the left hand control, depending if you have it set to high or low beam.

You have a diagram?

Sonreir™ said:
Green is a ground wire. The blue and the white wires are your high beam and low beam, respectively.

The blue and the white wires will get power from the dimmer switch on the left hand control, depending if you have it set to high or low beam.

You have a diagram?

Yes, I got the Haynes manual and i believe there's a diagram in it. I'll check the wires going into the dimmer switch. Hopefully I just disconnected something.

Back
Top Bottom