What are your preferred glasses for riding?

YogiBear

Over 1,000 Posts
I ride with a full face helmet but love having the shield open. I will pop it down when in dusty conditions etc, but taking in the fresh air is part of the fun of riding for me. I am looking at riding glasses to keep the bugs etc out of my eyes while out cruising and for riding at night with the shield open. I'm curious what everyone here on Dtt prefers for riding glasses?

We have a pair of glasses with a foam cushion around the edges to keep the wind out. They work pretty well.

SONIC. said:
Sunglasses
Those were my go to last season, but I am wondering if the clear glasses with the padding will help keep small debris out of my eyes and allow me to ride at night.

advCo said:
We have a pair of glasses with a foam cushion around the edges to keep the wind out. They work pretty well.

How do they do at higher speeds, like 55+? I like the idea of the foam keeping small debris and bugs out of my eyes.

A good pair, with lenses that wrap around will solve that.

I have several different lenses for my M-Frames, including clear. I never have a problem with debris getting in my eyes.

For some reason, I can't stand the glasses with foam around them.

advCo said:

I have a pair like that I wear pretty frequently. I think they are called "sealed safety glasses". I had cornea transplants several years ago and even the least bit of wind in my eyes causes lots of discomfort. There's no way I can ride w/ my face shield open at any speed but the sunglasses w/ the cushion are around the edges will work in a pinch. I'd say that most people could happily and safely ride wearing them.

J-Rod10 said:
A good pair, with lenses that wrap around will solve that.

I have several different lenses for my M-Frames, including clear. I never have a problem with debris getting in my eyes.

For some reason, I can't stand the glasses with foam around them.

The M frames are out of my price range. I did notice when I googled them that they seem to have a bunch of options to suite different riders.

ridesolo said:
I have a pair like that I wear pretty frequently. I think they are called "sealed safety glasses". I had cornea transplants several years ago and even the least bit of wind in my eyes causes lots of discomfort. There's no way I can ride w/ my face shield open at any speed but the sunglasses w/ the cushion are around the edges will work in a pinch. I'd say that most people could happily and safely ride wearing them.

Well, at least you could get a little ventilation if you get stuck in traffic or something.

Back
Top Bottom