Want a CX500 Tank

1sttimer

Over 1,000 Posts
Putting some feelers out there for a CX500 deluxe tank (the big one, not the custom one).

I got the itch for a cx so I'm starting my parts search.

cxman said:
getting tough to find good ones good luck

Yeah, that's why I'm willing to buy one without even having the bike. I feel like it's easier to find a bike without the tank then the tank alone. Just saw one on CL sell for $200 with a title in our area...that wasn't you was it? :)

nope i just buy them lol

i dont sell them around here

i have 11 500s right now and dont need anymore i am trying to get away from building them

cxman said:
nope i just buy them lol

i dont sell them around here

i have 11 500s right now and dont need anymore i am trying to get away from building them

No I was asking if that was you that bought it :) they don't call you the CX man for nothing! Eh, it's in your blood. I'm saving my money man and hoping to give you a call one of these days hoping to talk you into take one of those 11 off your hands :D

i am not going anywhere

i even have 3 500 with 650s in them that will be going soon

cxman said:
big jump up from a 175

Yessir!! I love that little 175. It's a great little machine. However it certainly ties you down to certain paths. No highway (at least not for longer than you feel like running wide open).

here the right tank

you will never figure out the bike lol but it has the 674 cc 650 with a pair of my mikunis and a few other mods

cxman said:
here the right tank

you will never figure out the bike lol but it has the 674 cc 650 with a pair of my mikunis and a few other mods

Murray! Why did you have to show me that! Haha she's a beaut man. That the GL, or one of your CX's with a 650 engine?

cx witha 650 and a lot of mods

cx650 front end cut down 3.5 inches

frame de raked to allow for the leading edge axle

cx650 longer rear swingarm and rive shaft with a turbo final drive for better hole shot with a 140 rear tire

cx650 custom gauges wiring harness (cut down) and headlight all fit to the 500

custom cam stainless steel valves and valve springs lets the motor spin very happily to 11k

and a few other things lets it pull the front end up real nice right tru the 2-3 shift

its a very fun but comfy bike if yu are going to mods and rockers i will probably have this one and a few others there

cxman said:
cx witha 650 and a lot of mods

cx650 front end cut down 3.5 inches

frame de raked to allow for the leading edge axle

cx650 longer rear swingarm and rive shaft with a turbo final drive for better hole shot with a 140 rear tire

cx650 custom gauges wiring harness (cut down) and headlight all fit to the 500

custom cam stainless steel valves and valve springs lets the motor spin very happily to 11k

and a few other things lets it pull the front end up real nice right tru the 2-3 shift

its a very fun but comfy bike if yu are going to mods and rockers i will probably have this one and a few others there

Sounds like a blast man. Those "few other things" sound pretty important haha.

I want to go to the mods rockers show very badly but my cousin scheduled her wedding on that day :(

When I'm up in town visiting my pop I'll have to give you a holler...I may strategically bring the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom