Lightning Strike.

Drey6

Over 1,000 Posts
My girlfriend and I were playing soccer in downtown Columbus by OSU's football stadium( the Shoe') and the fields were cleared due to lightning. So we left the fields and raced to my parents where we planed to eat dinner. So, I was just randomly taking a video to show the lightning and one struck right between my neighbors house and mine. You could see sparks out the other window but I must have panicked and turned the phone off. No one was hurt and it's still pretty bad out to go assess the damage. No fires or obvious damage (checked by my dad, a firefighter) so that's good.

Excited/interested to see the damage tomorrow.

I yelled "Fuck" and my mom screamed in the background. Here's the video. What crazy timing!

http://youtu.be/d2yUGtPeQIA

That's one in a million!! :D Glad you're all o'k. 8)

Dude your reaction time is slowwwwww. Either that or you were polite enough to let your mum stop screaming before you swore.

Glad to see you are all ok. Lightning can mess shiz up. Take a photo of the damage. Should be a decent sized hole where that hit.

Drewski said:
That's one in a million!! :D Glad you're all o'k. 8)

Weird chances, huh?Thanks man!
Brodie said:
Dude your reaction time is slowwwwww. Either that or you were polite enough to let your mum stop screaming before you swore.

Glad to see you are all ok. Lightning can mess shiz up. Take a photo of the damage. Should be a decent sized hole where that hit.

My reaction was pretty slow in the video but I could see it much better through my other window that I didn't get filmed and I think that really is what shook me.

I went and looked at my yard this morning and saw nothing. There is a massive tree in the neighbors yard and that house is pretty much abandoned now. I see him every few weeks. So it's hard to tell if it hit there or the next door over. It was close and fast enough to blow my parents new T.V. out before the surge protector could do its job. It also paused the microwave that was running and the restarted it on its own and set my neighbors motion detectors off.

Back
Top Bottom