first bike/build cb 550

elhefa

well i have gotten started with my first bike thought i would post some pics. this is what i started with...
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg

not bad to start with and the price was pretty sweet. this exhaust was quite interesting...
10.jpg
only the top 3-4" belong to this bike the rest is off of a sport bike of some sort. not sure if i like it to much,may have it finished just to have it.

and as of today she sits waiting for parts,been working on the shocks,just tinkerin around,took the engine out. it, by the way is in great shape,dont think i will have to do much on that end. let me know what you guys think....
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_00362.jpg

got the seat mounts welded on and in primer,track stand came off after this pic,and im kind of at a loss about what to do with the WAY TO BIG,UGLY gussets...
geoffryphone017.jpg

i trimmed out the upper gusset on both sides and went ahead and painted the frame,still not sure what to do with the other gussets though...
geoffryphone018.jpg
geoffryphone019.jpg

not remove them,i know i took out too much on the top ones,but just maybe trim them...not as much of course. i just thought it looked a little cluttered through the middle,will probably leave them and use them for batt. box mounting points and such,any ideas are welcome

Frame looks good man what did you paint it with?

I'm trying to decide on whether or not I want to chop up my frame on my 550 and the way you did is exactly how I would've done it.

Keep the updates comin I cant wait to see this one done 8)

Thanks...spray bedliner,i read on here that someone had done it,but was removing it...sounded like a good idea to me. i like the texture it gave as well. did the hoops with the same stuff,will probably do the hubs and polish the spokes and nips,we'll see. everyday something new comes to mind....

Back
Top Bottom