The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - cleaner breathing!

New pipe designed using Sonreir's maths (thanks Sonreir!)

item.JPG

Added benefit of new header was the elimination of this:

item.JPG

This blockage is nearly 10cm (4 inches) long! The motor was working hard just to get gas past it.

Waiting now for an opportunity to do the paint.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - ready for paint!

sprocket2cog - Your new pipe looks good and has to be much less restrictive than the original.
I went the direction I did to increase mid-range torque and to retain the '60s look.

ChrisBNE - More news soon!

Crazy

Speaking of paint, I received this from Ikonik in perth today, the Ace is also available in a black frame too. This obviously is the 50cc, but also available for the 125.

Descions descions! Would look great with the silver repainted matt black.

Attachments

• DSCN2931.jpg
    DSCN2931.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 6,241

The black is definitely a different look, but I prefer the red.
I'm a traditionalist I guess!

Crazy

Hi Guy's

Been reading this thread with alot of interest. I'm based in the UK and had my ACE since December 2012, and really pleased with it! Have done over 800Km's now and engine freeing up nicely. I've had it re-jetted and put the Chrome sports exhaust on it (I have some good photo's of it but struggling to upload on this forum?! The UK importer sells the Chrome (Derestricted) sports exhaust @ £160.00 GBP and it looks better and makes a far better noise that befits the looks! Have also fitted the uprated (Skyteam) Rear shocks @ £60.00 GBP. Have ordered some clip-ons and would really like to install a full fairing like you, but it seems nobody makes a dedicated one that fits exactly (Yet!)

Have had many litre superbikes, and I can honesty say that I've never had a bike that promotes so much interest!

HerbertD - I'm up to 2500k and it's still getting better!

Could you post links to your suppliers? I'm interested in new shocks, and I am sure there are other owners (and potential owners) who are on the lookout to upgrade various components.

Like yourself, I have had an amazing amount of interest in the bike, both from other riders and from the non-riding public!

Crazy

Just thought i would stick this up , i used 2 inch wide seat belt webbing to make a new tank strap for the ace. instant racing stripe :lol
also i meausered the rear shocks and they are 330mm eye to eye, so i think most of the aftermarket twin shocks will fit.

Attachments

• 856222_4473262713554_16408722_o.jpg
    856222_4473262713554_16408722_o.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 768

Trying to load some photo's, but still failing - Can somebody advise the best method - I keep trying to add the JPG image onto the attachments, but it does not come up in the preview!?

The UK importer has their own facebook page - www.facebook.com/SkyteamMotorcycles or contact them at
http://www.skyteammotorcycles.com/contact/
Their postal address is :

SkyTeam Motorcycles
Unit 1 Yeobridge Business Park
217 Sherbourne Road
Yeovil
Somerset
BA21 5DL

With the rear shocks, as you mention they are a fairly standard size, but it's worth doing as the OE shocks are rubbish!

Attachments

• P3040009.jpg
    P3040009.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 574
Re: the "Ace" - cleaner breathing!

stroker crazy said:
New pipe designed using Sonreir's maths (thanks Sonreir!)

item.JPG

This blockage is nearly 10cm (4 inches) long! The motor was working hard just to get gas past it.

Waiting now for an opportunity to do the paint.

Crazy

Hey crazy! Where exactly is that blockage located? Is it some sort of catalytic converter?
By the way......Do you think you could share with me Sonreir's exhaust maths?
Your bike is looking sweet man!

Cheers

stroker crazy said:
The black is definitely a different look, but I prefer the red.
I'm a traditionalist I guess!

Crazy

Yes when I slept on it last night I realised part of the attraction to this bike is the red frame and how it stands out.

stroker crazy said:
Could you post links to your suppliers? I'm interested in new shocks, and I am sure there are other owners (and potential owners) who are on the lookout to upgrade various components.

It think this is it

http://www.skyteammotorcycles.com/accessories/

juan@crqcycles - forgot earlier: the blockage is supposed to be a CAT converter and is positioned in the header just before it joins the muffler.

Crazy

The Clip on bars arrived today!!
Really pleased with the result - Far better riding position and looks great as well!
One of my better e-bay buys for a change.

Attachments

• P5210042.jpg
    P5210042.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 603

stroker crazy said:
juan@crqcycles - forgot earlier: the blockage is supposed to be a CAT converter and is positioned in the header just before it joins the muffler.

Crazy

And I trust you have to cut the muffler off where the join is to remove the CAT? Is it easy to remove and then reweld?

HerbertD said:
The Clip on bars arrived today!!
Really pleased with the result - Far better riding position and looks great as well!
One of my better e-bay buys for a change.

Looks fantastic. Can you link to the ebay item?

Back
Top Bottom