The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

hey guys, u might find this information useful when it comes down to the on going mods.

Since my Ace is only arriving in about 6 weeks time, so I have been searching/sourcing parts and mods to be done and estimate cost as well. AND just look at what I have just found from this Taiwan motorcycle manufacturer "Hartford" HD 125 A.K.A My Dream 125, looks like they have a exact replica of Skyteam Ace 125 but with rear DISC break, EFI and two seater. Not sure if you guys in Aus has any dealer who deals Hartford from Taiwan.

I'm sure it is originated from Skyteam and Hartford just mods it further, (assumption made base on the related news dates).

Look under this web-site for product specification:

http://www.hartford-motors.com.tw/hartford_en/product.php?id=7#two

according to their spec, My Dream 1930mm*675mm*970mm when compare to Ace 1910mm*680mm*990mm, i think most parts are exchangeable.

and interesting enough that they have their online store which you can order exact parts from them, i.e. DISC brake ect.ect, Just written them a email if they will do overseas parts order request, since I'm in HK, it might be too hard for them to say no, but will wait for their reply.

sorry for my poor grammar when it comes down to long paragraphs.

cheers

Attachments

• mobile01-ec08bfaf040198c69b55f7fbf47c6e4b.jpg
    mobile01-ec08bfaf040198c69b55f7fbf47c6e4b.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,338
  • mobile01-fe1478ebcca30218963ce99cc79e3eb9.jpg
    mobile01-fe1478ebcca30218963ce99cc79e3eb9.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 1,334
  • mobile01-773e1be3bd1eecb534bc5a3521f2ba1c.jpg
    mobile01-773e1be3bd1eecb534bc5a3521f2ba1c.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 1,333
  • mobile01-1488951bc450d6dad76e4cd053c0f83d.jpg
    mobile01-1488951bc450d6dad76e4cd053c0f83d.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,359
just some more pic

Attachments

• mobile01-5700ce30401f61614ba30b4c0eed36d1.jpg
    mobile01-5700ce30401f61614ba30b4c0eed36d1.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1,362
  • mobile01-d1c5cd270d49258775c6ec062e4d1947.jpg
    mobile01-d1c5cd270d49258775c6ec062e4d1947.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,346
  • mobile01-1a04e952b0da690dd296cba173f98221.jpg
    mobile01-1a04e952b0da690dd296cba173f98221.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 1,361
  • mobile01-21e87eecacc06bde08adf402d7a6a1f0.jpg
    mobile01-21e87eecacc06bde08adf402d7a6a1f0.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,338
josephau said:
I have just found from this Taiwan …

Good find!

Let us know if you get a reply to your email. There doesn't appear to be an Australian distributor, and I am definitely interested in the rear disc brake. (Your grammar is good)

Bojer said:
look like alloy rims too ?

They say further on that the rims are steel, and I prefer the 18" size on the 'Ace'.

I tried posting yesterday, but it got eaten by the internet gremlins.

I'm located in Mackay, queensland.

also if their are any aussies who know what replacement tyres to get as my front tyre is crap. it's out of round and you can see the beading not quite the same all around, so I assume the tyre is cheap and nasty and can't be fixed.

best tyres i have seen is a set of contigo's with a nice modern tread pattern for $180aud delivered from EU.

anything local?

cheers, stevo

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

stroker crazy said:
They say further on that the rims are steel, and I prefer the 18" size on the 'Ace'.

The 17" wheels look too small for the front mudguard , looks like their spec sheet generally needs work :
Total Exhaust Volume (C.C.) 149 c.c.
Rear Brake Drum

Almost looks like a conversion job on the rear disc - still has the drum brake light switch etc

Just Dan fitted Michelin Pilot Sporty 90/90-18 rear, and 2.75-18 front; they would probably be available from a bikeshop up your way.You can check them out back on page 13.

Perhaps your front tyre doesn't have the bead seated correctly? I'm still using the original tyres on mine and have had no problems.

Crazy

Bojer said:
their spec sheet generally needs work …

The whole website is clunky - conflicting facts, different cosmetic parts in different photos. It will be interesting to see what response josephau gets.

Crazy

stevodude said:
I tried posting yesterday, but it got eaten by the internet gremlins.

I'm located in Mackay, queensland.

also if their are any aussies who know what replacement tyres to get as my front tyre is crap. it's out of round and you can see the beading not quite the same all around, so I assume the tyre is cheap and nasty and can't be fixed.

best tyres i have seen is a set of contigo's with a nice modern tread pattern for $180aud delivered from EU.

cheers, stevo

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
I got the michelin pilot sporty like Dan
But had to get them thru Tassy distributer
As nsw distributor doesn't bring the front in
$ 55 front & 77 I think for the rear
Let me know if u can find Someone to bend you a header
No one interested around here , that I can find

message me if you are after a custom header made, here is an example of a slightly longer header for another project but the same bend as skyteam ace header.

Attachments

• CustomHeader.png
    CustomHeader.png
    948.7 KB · Views: 234
assistance required again! i have since chopped off the cat area of the exhaust and had a length of pipe welded on and attached my muffler. sprocket2cog, it is the same one you have and it is extremely loud! any advise on getting it quieter wold be appreciated...or i might just have to change the muffler entirely.

thanks all.

also, i might be keen on getting a new header if the price is right. i failed in organising one before. mad me sad.

ci_mark said:
... sprocket2cog, it is the same one you have and it is extremely loud!

yeah i wasn't exaggerating when i said that muffler was loud :D there isnt much you can do to the muffler, it has a baffle but no fibreglass sound deadening .

josephau said:
hey guys, u might find this information useful when it comes down to the on going mods.

Since my Ace is only arriving in about 6 weeks time, so I have been searching/sourcing parts and mods to be done and estimate cost as well. AND just look at what I have just found from this Taiwan motorcycle manufacturer "Hartford" HD 125 A.K.A My Dream 125, looks like they have a exact replica of Skyteam Ace 125 but with rear DISC break, EFI and two seater. Not sure if you guys in Aus has any dealer who deals Hartford from Taiwan.

I'm sure it is originated from Skyteam and Hartford just mods it further, (assumption made base on the related news dates).

Look under this web-site for product specification:

http://www.hartford-motors.com.tw/hartford_en/product.php?id=7#two

according to their spec, My Dream 1930mm*675mm*970mm when compare to Ace 1910mm*680mm*990mm, i think most parts are exchangeable.

and interesting enough that they have their online store which you can order exact parts from them, i.e. DISC brake ect.ect, Just written them a email if they will do overseas parts order request, since I'm in HK, it might be too hard for them to say no, but will wait for their reply.

sorry for my poor grammar when it comes down to long paragraphs.

cheers

woah. i love it. rear discs! yeah i wouldnt mind getting some of those goodies too.

sprocket2cog said:
yeah i wasn't exaggerating when i said that muffler was loud :D there isnt much you can do to the muffler, it has a baffle but no fibreglass sound deadening .

i was looking at your clip on youtube. it didnt sound that loud. its super loud in real life. your dog didnt seem too bothered by it!

stevodude said:

anything local?

the m45 tyres come in sizes to fit the ace, good price and should be easier to get in to a store near you. i know the local bike store near me can get them and im out in the country
http://motorcycle.michelin.com.au/twproduct/findProduct/moreProduct/20

ci_mark said:
i was looking at your clip on youtube. it didnt sound that loud. its super loud in real life. your dog didnt seem too bothered by it!

the dogs fairly used to it now. Yeah the youtube clip didnt come across loud, i normally clutch the bike to go past cop cars so it isnt too loud as i pass them. :p

I have an m45 on the front of another bike. Happy with it and not too expensive . will be putting these on my ace in a few weeks.

updates from Hartford,

not too sure about their built quality of their bikes, but customer services are fairly reasonable. They got back to me, fairly promising that their parts are interchangeable with ACE 125. And referred me to their local dealer in HK regarding the parts needed for ACE 125 rear brake from their My Dream 125, gonna call them in the next day or two to find out the costs of parts +/- labour cost.

Will keep you guys posted.

Back
Top Bottom