The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stevodude said:
Also (I think I asked this on another thread) can someone get me the dimensions of the fork spacer used to stiffen up the front suspension. $50 is a bit steep for a couple of bits of plastic that I can make for< $5 here in OZ.

They are 2.54 cm. Made of steel. However I agree it's very expensive for what it is.

I made spacers for by using old cheapie sockets about 20 mm high. Placed them under the fork cap. Does just enough to stiffen up the forks on the bumpy roads around here.

stevodude said:
How awesome is Ikonik in Perth! I asked them what I can do with my front wheel that has been buckled from new, and they are going to post me another wheel!!

Top work fellas!

Also (I think I asked this on another thread) can someone get me the dimensions of the fork spacer used to stiffen up the front suspension. $50 is a bit steep for a couple of bits of plastic that I can make for< $5 here in OZ.

Cheers, Stevo.

They are fantastic. I broke something when setting mine up and they couried a replacement part overnight FOC. great service.

Re: Ace Owner Locater

mikeyw64 said:
If anyone would like to be added to the Ace Owner Locater (wot I have just created) then mail me at mike.ace@sharetheexperience.co.uk with the following details

1) Town/Village name & country (if more than one then provide extra detail such as post code/zip code of a central location/landmark/civil building near you I will however pin to a generic location)
2) Your real name
3) Your DTT forum name
4) Subject "Ace Owner Locater Add"

http://tinyurl.com/aceownerlocater

Sent.

Ace Owners Net

Hi Guys,

I think it's becoming apparent that this thread, useful though it is, is getting to the point that its starting to become hard to navigate.

With that in mind I have a domain name that I have set up and am currentyl evaluating soem forum software.

Currently you should be able to register accounts and post in the suggestions & feedback forum.

Please let me know there what you think and lets see if we can grow it together

Mike

http://www.aceowners.net/

been thinking the same too - would be good to have a central point to access information.

That being said, this thread has a great organic and collaborative dynamic that would be challenging to recreate. If would be time consuming to take all the information from this thread and reorganise into a FAQ style document, not impossible to do though.

Good idea though!

Recorded my ride home vis iphone gps, top speed of 108...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386038884.198223.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386038884.198223.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,127
sprocket2cog said:
looking at other listings on ooracing it seems that the 125 has a 20mm shaft for the sprocket.

http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4639

dont know 100% maybe someone else here knows.

I might just remove the EGR and re-jet the carb.

Btw somebody might find this useful:

Honda CG 125 Owners workshop manual:
http://www.caraudiobrasil.com/acervo/biblioteca/Veiculos/CG125/Haynes_Honda_CG125%20owners%20workshop%20manual.pdf

I use something from the swimming pool suppliers on my side cover pins so they come off easily...called superlube and is an oring lubricant. still grip in but come out when you want them to.

Re: Ace Owners Net

mikeyw64 said:
Hi Guys,

I think it's becoming apparent that this thread, useful though it is, is getting to the point that its starting to become hard to navigate.

With that in mind I have a domain name that I have set up and am currentyl evaluating soem forum software.

Currently you should be able to register accounts and post in the suggestions & feedback forum.

Please let me know there what you think and lets see if we can grow it together

Mike

http://www.aceowners.net/

Well done Mike. I hope to be an owner in the new year. I think I will wait until the 14 plates are out.

Wayne

ChrisBNE said:
been thinking the same too - would be good to have a central point to access information.

That being said, this thread has a great organic and collaborative dynamic that would be challenging to recreate. If would be time consuming to take all the information from this thread and reorganise into a FAQ style document, not impossible to do though.

Good idea though!

Hi Chris

exacly why I've linked to it :)

Wasn't expecting to take all the info & create an FAQ (although there's a thought) was rather thinking that peeps could start creating on the fly

If you guys want/need some additional categories under a Skyteam Ace area, I can help out with that, but am totally supportive of people setting up new sites of course too! Just let me know how I can lend a hand.

I can create a SkyTeam Ace section like we have for different geographical areas and then sub-boards in there for different topics of discussion specific to the Ace.

The reason I've never created model-specific areas is 90% of what we talk about and the tips/tricks people share are valuable to everyone, not just SR500, XS650, CB750 etc. owners. But, we have started many region-specific sections up, and I've given lots of thoughts to having other 'group'-specific areas if people wanted them. Be they local clubs or folks like all of you with the Ace (I really want one myself).

So - if the group wants it, I'm happy to set it up. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Just want to make it as convenient for you all as possible. I'll create an area and move this thread into it. You can then create other threads for different topics, and I can create sub-boards if you like.

Hi Tim

hadn't thought oof asking someone here nicely to be honest, just floating a few ideas around.

A section of a well established forum would certainly be great and I doubt anyone would complain 8)

Mike

Hi all.
My thoughts are that an Ace specific forum or area of DTT would be a good place to sort out posts via topic.
This thread is getting BIG.

On another note, a while ago when i 1st bought my ACE i was doing some searches on the net, trying to track down any spare part, "performance" parts etc. One result which kept appearing was something about "Snake Motors". I think theyre a Japanese company, and i dont know if theyre a off shoot of the same company producing the SkyTeam, but they were making their own vintage looking bike, the "Kitano"
http://www.snakemotors.com/index.html

Nice enough.

I stumbled upon their site yesterday and they were toting a new model coming out soon.
I had a closer look, and its a 250cc ACE with a full front fairing!!! Slightly different tank also.
Have look at this. Looks just perfect.
I'd love to know if you could somehow get your hands on one of either the tanks or the fairings from "Snake Motors"
The removal of that rear guard makes so much difference.

Back
Top Bottom