The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
When putting on the new rear sprocket today I found that, as expected, the bushes in the hub were history.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the old ones and replacing them?

Crazy

Hey Crazy,

Do you know the size of the bushings in the rear hub? Would OORacing supply them?
I'll replace them when I mount my new tires.

stroker crazy said:
I've been experiencing some drive chain 'snatch', which is what happens when the bushes wear. Others have had the same problem.

Crazy

I think thread and people like myself could benefit from understanding what/where they are etc - would you mind explaining?

stroker crazy said:
I've been experiencing some drive chain 'snatch', which is what happens when the bushes wear. Others have had the same problem.

Crazy

I change mine to honda cg125 bushing .. it fit nicely .. part number 41241-222-000
My mechanic use a flat screwdriver and hammer to knock the side til the old bushing is out of shape and replace it with the new 1 ..

joeylimzy said:
a flat screwdriver and hammer

That's what I thought; I had hoped for a more 'sophisticated' method, but brute force it will be!

ChrisBNE said:
would you mind explaining?

The parts of which we speak are numbered 3 in the illustration appended below.

Crazy

Attachments

• Honda rear wheel.jpg
    Honda rear wheel.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 220
stroker crazy said:
That's what I thought; I had hoped for a more 'sophisticated' method, but brute force it will be!

Crazy

Many thanks!

stroker crazy said:

Crazy
Another mechanic told me to burn the bushing area and remove it too .. but I but I chose to hammer it out .. and if you wanna change the bushing , do change the sporcket holder too . (Thats what my mechanic told me)

I couldn't help myself!

While changing the sprockets I felt an irresistible urge to cut something:

item.JPG

The chain guard lost 10cm and a few grams.

Crazy

I've Just completed the 150cc Big Bore upgrade, and delighted by the transformation. Having previously put on a 34 Rear Sprocket not long after purchasing the bike (Dec 2012) I have now complemented it by installing a 16 tooth front sprocket now as well. With the power upgrade, it really cruises nicely, although not really given it the full beans yet, until it is run in properly!

Only hassles doing the upgrade kit was trying to undo the torque screws that hold the inlet manifold onto the original cyl.head. On mine, the torque screws are are weird type that I have not come across before - having a dimple in the middle - I think that they are a security feature - Fortunately, I have a very friendly local garage who had the correct Torque socket to fit!

Also, it was a devil of a job fitting the rockers on - Lost the pushrods into the motor 2 times - Having said that, Crazy's installation guide was a real help!

Just waiting for some decent weather to ride it now, although with the current UK weather, that probably won't happen for another 4 months.
[pic]
5w9rhw.jpg
[/pic]
[pic]
1z65q49.jpg
[/pic]
[pic]
2h4ixwp.jpg
[/pic]

Well doesn't your Ace look ACE. Hope all goes well with the big bore. What make are your clip-ons? as I'm thinking of fitting some to mine and not sure which to go for. Tad

Hi Tad,

I got the clip-ons via e-bay (From Hong Kong from memory) I seem to recall that they were approximately $30.00. Just tried to find the link on my e-bay history, but failed miserably, I'm afraid.

Does anybody have the dimensions of the fork spacers. Do they need a hole through the middle or can they be solid?

Thanks

Wayne

stroker crazy said:
19-20mm diameter x 25mm long (3/4" x 1") and definitely solid.

They really improve the feel of the front end!

Crazy

Thanks Crazy. What are your thoughts about changing the oil? I weigh 67kg.

Wayne

I am happy with just the spacers for the time being. Perhaps I will use a heavier oil in the future, but the 30W seems too heavy to me.

At 67kg you certainly have a weight advantage! Some other 'Ace' riders would be nearly double that.

Crazy

page 16 latest motorcycle trader...letters to the editor...ace article.. issue 278. re rego ..bike in a box. Thanks Rod Talor
tasmania

Back
Top Bottom