The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Hazza00 said:
Hi Liam. Welcome on board. I'm a newbie to this group also, and excited to be a part of it.

I've just ordered a Black framed 125 ACE also, and was told the engine is painted black ... it arrives next week. Hope it looks like the one in the pic below. But I can see that in the pic you posted, your engine is not painted black, just the frame. Did you get yours new or did the previous owner paint it ? I really prefer the pained engine.

Cheers,
Hazza00

It's new but it's a 2012 model that the previous owner stored and never used.

The engine is origanal and not painted.

The rear fender is coming off soon so won't need to be painting that.

Can't wait to get my box of bits this week!

josephau said:
the clip-on bars from Ooracing.

This post is probably a bit late, but maybe not.

Looking at the photo on the OORacing site, it appears that you need to remove the top triple clamp to slide the bars onto the fork leg. This is a common method of fitting clip-ons. One (or more) of the bolts is used to tighten the bar in position.

As to why the bolts can't be undone, I have no idea. Perhaps they need some penetrating oil to loosen them.

Crazy

josephau said:
Finally have the EGR removed, upgraded rear shocks and front brake pad. But somehow stucked when trying to put on the clip-on bars from Ooracing. Thought it was as easy as clip onto the front fork ;(。Do i meant to remove the front piece (dont know what is called)where there are 3 bolts and slip the clip on to front fork? But i could not (seriously)turn any of the bolts at all,what am i doing wrong ? Any help will be appreciated !

從我的 用 iPad 發送

crazy is right to fit clip ons the top yolk has to come off, and yes the 3 nuts are tight! the large nut is super tight i had to use a breaker bar to get that one to shift.

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

gd then, at least im heading the right direction, will try again later after building up more muscle....

has anyone tried the combination of QA throttle with the stock electric setup?

cheers

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
has anyone tried the combination of QA throttle with the stock electric setup?

I used switches from OORacing with the QA throttle:

item.JPG

Crazy

Finally got the m45's fitted. Wow, what an improvement! In retrospect I'm tempted to go as far, as to say, that the original tires are so bad they're dangerous. They're unpredictable, slippery and very uneven, in comparison to the Michelin's. I guess they're ok on gravel roads, but on any paved surfaces the Micelin m45 is really superior! I was just amazed at the grip provide! Finally I have the confidence to really lean in to the corner and let it rip! My best investment in the bike so far!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_152036.jpg
    IMG_20140213_152036.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
These look good guys how much are you paying for a set? Did you online them or will local shops get them in?

They should be available just about anywhere!

I got mine from the local suburban bike shop. I don't remember the exact price, but it was a little less than $100.

Crazy

Thanks Crazy, I apologise in advance for the lame question.

What size did you go for?

Cheers and sorry such a noob question I should be able to work it out myself but the brain just isn't working this morning.

ACE125toy said:
Thanks Crazy, I apologise in advance for the lame question.

What size did you go for?

Cheers and sorry such a noob question I should be able to work it out myself but the brain just isn't working this morning.

I am also a noob and would like to know... :)

So the standard size looks to be 2.75x18 Front and 3.00x18 Rear.

Has anyone tried anything different or is stock size the way to go?

Sounds good to me.

Ive noticed riding around that the front end really dips down on breaking with the front break, is there any way to correct this?

Back
Top Bottom